Renaming project folder

Hi…in the quickstart guide it says:

1. Copy the ‘Example1′ project folder and rename it to your project name e.g. ‘MyProject’

As soon as you do that it “breaks” the project. Can’t find images, etc… I’ve found even if you remove the assets from the project and change the paths in the options it is still looking for them. My goal is to have an empty project folder that can be used to start new projects. Is there a relatively easy way to do this? thanks

Hi,

Thank you for pointing that out as I just checked and the .ldf file does contain the folder name ‘Example1’

If you open the .ldf file in a text editor you should be able to find/replace ‘Example1’ with ‘newfolder’ and it should work.

I’ll update the quick start guide.

What I thought about doing is to have the option to create a new project which creates the basic set of files for you.

Also what I’ll do is add a blank template project which you can easily copy.

Let me know if you still have problems.

That all sounds great! Thanks again.

Great, thanks. 

Being able to just create a basic empty project would be nice.

Hi,

Thank you for pointing that out as I just checked and the .ldf file does contain the folder name ‘Example1’

If you open the .ldf file in a text editor you should be able to find/replace ‘Example1’ with ‘newfolder’ and it should work.

I’ll update the quick start guide.

What I thought about doing is to have the option to create a new project which creates the basic set of files for you.

Also what I’ll do is add a blank template project which you can easily copy.

Let me know if you still have problems.

That all sounds great! Thanks again.

Great, thanks. 

Being able to just create a basic empty project would be nice.