Request: Ability to scale physics editor data (e.g. "physicsSourceScale")

The “physicsSource” import concept from Physics Editor (PE) is great.  I’m find however with my workflow I:

a) create images at the high resolution size

b) import to Texture Packer

c) output the tilesheet in high resolution version + the lower resolution versions

d) when I import those original images into Physics Editor and publish the shape data, then read this into MTE, the shape is too large

So what I’ve had to do is resize all the high res images from (a) to the lower res, then import these to Physics Editor and use these.

Request: If there was a way to specify a scale factor  (e.g. “physicsSourceScale”) that would mean we could just use the high res images in PE.

NOTE: If I’m totally missing something here re workflow let me know please.

PS.  Noted another reason for this too.  When you auto-generate the path/shape in PE it’s not quite as accurate if you run it across the smaller resolution tile/shape…

You can already set the physicsData scaleFactor when you’re adding your own sprites. I’m assuming you’re talking about setting the physics scale for objects generated by MTE from a physicsSource file, like tiles and the like. That’s a great idea, I’ll add it to the next update.

PS.  Noted another reason for this too.  When you auto-generate the path/shape in PE it’s not quite as accurate if you run it across the smaller resolution tile/shape…

You can already set the physicsData scaleFactor when you’re adding your own sprites. I’m assuming you’re talking about setting the physics scale for objects generated by MTE from a physicsSource file, like tiles and the like. That’s a great idea, I’ll add it to the next update.