Sorry if this has been posted before, but I’m running what is basically the code from the Game Center API doc page sample and using a developer provisioning profile (XCode sim and device) I constantly get the Game Center unavailable error. Here’s my code:
-- called after the "init" request has completed local function initCallback( event ) if event.type == "showSignIn" then controller.gameboard:pause() elseif event.data then loggedIntoGC = true if (controller.isdebug) then native.showAlert( "Success!", "User has logged into Game Center", { "OK" } ) end else loggedIntoGC = false if (controller.isdebug) then native.showAlert( "Fail", "User is not logged into Game Center", { "OK" } ) end end end function controller:system( event ) print('event.type', event.type) if (event.type == "applicationStart") then gameNetwork.init( "gamecenter", initCallback ) analytics.logEvent( "StartApp" ) elseif (event.type == "applicationExit") then -- save state, options controller.options:appExit() controller.gamestate:appExit() analytics.logEvent( "ExitApp" ) elseif (event.type == "applicationSuspend") then -- save state, options controller.options:appExit() elseif (event.type == "applicationResume") then gameNetwork.init( "gamecenter", initCallback ) if (controller.gamestate.playState) then controller.gameboard:pause() end end return true end Runtime:addEventListener( "system", controller )
I would love suggestions or a common solution, if anyone has one to give.
Is it possible that the system start event is firing too soon before the app is ready? I never do my initing of things like that in side that event handler. I just put it in my main.lua’s main chunk.
The other problem is that when I run in the XCode sim and open the Game Center app, my user shows with “Sandbox”.
Recently, I was seeing my game able to show GC dialogs, etc, but just last night it stopped - and at the same time the GC app started showing up with “Sandbox”. That’s the change that I’ve noticed. Of course, I don’t think I’ve done anything to affect this change, so what causes “Sandbox” to appear?
I don’t understand why but it turns out that switching from one App ID to another has resolved the problem. As far as I can tell, both IDs are configured the same way, so perhaps I was using one incorrectly. Anyway, GC now opens just fine. My advice for this problem is to really check your iOS settings in the provisioning profile etc.
Is it possible that the system start event is firing too soon before the app is ready? I never do my initing of things like that in side that event handler. I just put it in my main.lua’s main chunk.
The other problem is that when I run in the XCode sim and open the Game Center app, my user shows with “Sandbox”.
Recently, I was seeing my game able to show GC dialogs, etc, but just last night it stopped - and at the same time the GC app started showing up with “Sandbox”. That’s the change that I’ve noticed. Of course, I don’t think I’ve done anything to affect this change, so what causes “Sandbox” to appear?
I don’t understand why but it turns out that switching from one App ID to another has resolved the problem. As far as I can tell, both IDs are configured the same way, so perhaps I was using one incorrectly. Anyway, GC now opens just fine. My advice for this problem is to really check your iOS settings in the provisioning profile etc.
I had Game Center working fine, but have been switching accounts for IAP testing. I’m actually not even sure what account was originally working with my Game Center testing (sandpit)
But now I’m hitting this issue. I’ve logged out of Game Center itself on the IOS device, but when I run my app it doesn’t give me a chance to create a user account in the sandpit, I just get “Game Center Unavailable - Player is not signed in”.
Could this be that the sandpit environment is down? I can’t really even try to switch accounts in the app? (unless you mean switch accounts in the Settings-GameCenter area, however I thought we had to be logged out of this area for testing)??
I had Game Center working fine, but have been switching accounts for IAP testing. I’m actually not even sure what account was originally working with my Game Center testing (sandpit)
But now I’m hitting this issue. I’ve logged out of Game Center itself on the IOS device, but when I run my app it doesn’t give me a chance to create a user account in the sandpit, I just get “Game Center Unavailable - Player is not signed in”.
Could this be that the sandpit environment is down? I can’t really even try to switch accounts in the app? (unless you mean switch accounts in the Settings-GameCenter area, however I thought we had to be logged out of this area for testing)??