Restore doesn't call the transaction callback if there are no items to restore?

Hi –

My tests of purchasing and restoring items are working, EXCEPT for the case in which I call store.restore() when there are NO previously purchased items. That doesn’t work, as a response is never provided to the transaction callback.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? If so, this makes it impossible to do the “always call restore() on app startup to make sure any previously purchased items get restored.”

Thanks!

Here’s a thread where this topic was discussed: http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/33832-iap-android-and-restores/.  (The thread also talks about some other supposed issues, but the point you’re raising was discussed there too.)

As far as I know, what you’re experiencing is the intended behavior.

As a separate note, I don’t think it’s a good idea to call store.restore() automatically, for the reasons I describe in that thread.  It’s better to give the user a button to press to activate it, so that if it prompts them for their password, they’re not surprised.

• Andrew

If there is nothing to be restored, then the callback will not be called. This emulates the native store API as described in aukStudio’s link.  What action are you wanting to take when there is nothing to be restored?

Here’s a thread where this topic was discussed: http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/33832-iap-android-and-restores/.  (The thread also talks about some other supposed issues, but the point you’re raising was discussed there too.)

As far as I know, what you’re experiencing is the intended behavior.

As a separate note, I don’t think it’s a good idea to call store.restore() automatically, for the reasons I describe in that thread.  It’s better to give the user a button to press to activate it, so that if it prompts them for their password, they’re not surprised.

• Andrew

If there is nothing to be restored, then the callback will not be called. This emulates the native store API as described in aukStudio’s link.  What action are you wanting to take when there is nothing to be restored?