Revive old project

I have an old project that I pulled from the App store some years (5 at a guess) back but would like to re-instate.

Pretty sure I have all the source, but it wont run under current Corona.

For example, it uses sprites , and composer  but these don’t seem to be ‘built in’ any more.

Is there a quick and dirty way to get an old project up and running again, or is it a case of having to work out how everything has changed?

Refer the simulator log, there you will find all the deprecated API of corona used via log message.

• Assif

Many deprecated API’s like the old sprite API’s, Storyboard, etc. are available on our github repo.

https://github.com/coronalabs/framework-sprite-legacy

for instance. Just drop the “sprite.lua” file in with your main.lua and you should be good to go. You will also likely need to enable Graphics 1.0 compatibility in your config.lua:

application = { content = { graphicsCompatibility = 1, width = 320, height = 480, scale = "letterbox", fps = 30, imageSuffix = { ["@2x"] = 1.25, ["@4x"] = 2.5, }, }, }

for instance.  

However, if you feel you’re going to be maintaining the app, it might be worth doing the work to convert everything to a more modern Corona.  

Rob

Refer the simulator log, there you will find all the deprecated API of corona used via log message.

• Assif

Many deprecated API’s like the old sprite API’s, Storyboard, etc. are available on our github repo.

https://github.com/coronalabs/framework-sprite-legacy

for instance. Just drop the “sprite.lua” file in with your main.lua and you should be good to go. You will also likely need to enable Graphics 1.0 compatibility in your config.lua:

application = { content = { graphicsCompatibility = 1, width = 320, height = 480, scale = "letterbox", fps = 30, imageSuffix = { ["@2x"] = 1.25, ["@4x"] = 2.5, }, }, }

for instance.  

However, if you feel you’re going to be maintaining the app, it might be worth doing the work to convert everything to a more modern Corona.  

Rob