REVMOB CPM very low

Hi guys,

I had heard very good revmob and I have decided to work with them, but in fact I have seen a very low cpm.

My surprise is that after more than 11,000 impressions and 2000 clicks in the last 3 days, I have obtained 0 Installs! is this normal? cpms withs 0.5 around

Someone can give me your opinion? may be there is an error and does not identify the installs? 

(I use corona  1202)

regards

In my experience RevMob is largely CPC based these days. 

An app will often show installs but the revenue will be low and is in fact due to CPC and not CPI advertiser campaigns. I had this confirmed recently with an email I received from RevMob.

My iOS eCPM for October was $1.13. More than iAds but much less than Vungle. YMMV.

Antonio - Android or iOS? In my experience eCPM has been $1.50 + consistently for the past year on iOS, and hardly worth bothering with on Android.

at moment my apps are in andoid.

thank you very much to both …anyway it’s very strange that today has 4,500 impressions, 856 clicks and only 1 install!

Antonio - it’s hard to monetize on Android. Many developers (including myself) don’t bother with it. Again, YMMV depending on your app(s).

Are these ads for your apps or ads for other people’s apps?

If they are for your apps, then a low CPI could indicate marketing changes needed on your side.  i.e. screen shots, descriptions.  You still have to sell your app to the user.  All the ad did was make them aware of your product and the ad creative was enough to get them curious, but you still have to close the deal.  App/Game quality, art quality, functionality and price also impact them hitting that final button.  

If these are for other people’s apps and products, you probably should be interested in CPC campaigns so that you get paid by the click.  You’re generating clicks which is a good thing that means your app handles the ads in a way that the user feels they can click the ads and learn more about the product being advertised.  But if these ads are for other peoples things and you’re being paid per click not per install, then the world is happy.  CPI is dangerous because you could get served compelling ads to app that are not going to get installed because of poor screen shots, descriptions, functionality and price.

I don’t use RevMob so I don’t know how they handle their advertising.  The comments above are generalizations.

Rob

I confirm from my experience that RevMob is mostly CPC nowadays (or they don’t show the installs very accurate in the dashboard, so don’t look at that).

I used to have very high eCPM +$10 but now it’s around $3. This is on iOS.

Android is so bad, that I’m thinking is not even worth the effort of showing the ads.

I heard Chartboost performs better, but I still make a little more money with RevMob campaigns.

Vungle seems great on iOS, but I’m not replacing all regular interstitial ads because users might get annoyed to wait 20 seconds. Clicking the close button is less intrusive.

I would be interested in hearing others experience.

In my experience RevMob is largely CPC based these days. 

An app will often show installs but the revenue will be low and is in fact due to CPC and not CPI advertiser campaigns. I had this confirmed recently with an email I received from RevMob.

My iOS eCPM for October was $1.13. More than iAds but much less than Vungle. YMMV.

Antonio - Android or iOS? In my experience eCPM has been $1.50 + consistently for the past year on iOS, and hardly worth bothering with on Android.

at moment my apps are in andoid.

thank you very much to both …anyway it’s very strange that today has 4,500 impressions, 856 clicks and only 1 install!

Antonio - it’s hard to monetize on Android. Many developers (including myself) don’t bother with it. Again, YMMV depending on your app(s).

Are these ads for your apps or ads for other people’s apps?

If they are for your apps, then a low CPI could indicate marketing changes needed on your side.  i.e. screen shots, descriptions.  You still have to sell your app to the user.  All the ad did was make them aware of your product and the ad creative was enough to get them curious, but you still have to close the deal.  App/Game quality, art quality, functionality and price also impact them hitting that final button.  

If these are for other people’s apps and products, you probably should be interested in CPC campaigns so that you get paid by the click.  You’re generating clicks which is a good thing that means your app handles the ads in a way that the user feels they can click the ads and learn more about the product being advertised.  But if these ads are for other peoples things and you’re being paid per click not per install, then the world is happy.  CPI is dangerous because you could get served compelling ads to app that are not going to get installed because of poor screen shots, descriptions, functionality and price.

I don’t use RevMob so I don’t know how they handle their advertising.  The comments above are generalizations.

Rob

I confirm from my experience that RevMob is mostly CPC nowadays (or they don’t show the installs very accurate in the dashboard, so don’t look at that).

I used to have very high eCPM +$10 but now it’s around $3. This is on iOS.

Android is so bad, that I’m thinking is not even worth the effort of showing the ads.

I heard Chartboost performs better, but I still make a little more money with RevMob campaigns.

Vungle seems great on iOS, but I’m not replacing all regular interstitial ads because users might get annoyed to wait 20 seconds. Clicking the close button is less intrusive.

I would be interested in hearing others experience.