REVMOB - Please, comment the situation to ALL of us

Hello, dear RevMob. I’m using all latest stuff that’s available right now(5.2.1 and latest Corona build). And everything is great, but many of us receiving NO INSTALLS. You told that about “transition period”. Yea, i can believe in it, but today is 23 of May - i think that any periods that could be happening is over. I tried even to create a new AppID, and still nothing. And unfortunatelly, i am not alone. Please, comment the situation and tell us what to do, otherwise i will quit your service(at least), because i am tired of all this sh… .

Thank you.

Hi barmyman:

Maybe you can contact them via their website as the same time .

and post the result here.

I feel them were not show up here recently. 

Revmob started out promising, but they’ve really dropped the ball over the last several weeks. Going to strip them out of my code soon if they don’t fix this and continue to ignore all of us Corona developers.

I already switched to Tap for Tap - nice service though. Everything is working like a charm - fast loading ads, lightning fast support - everything you need and what RevMob WAS some times before.

Is there any way to detect if someone downloaded an app from revmob ads locally? If so it would be wise to implement a type of scenario where the user had the option to install a game from revmob. When they do ads would then be removed permanently or disabled from our app. Not only would this be appealing to the user because its free it would ensure we get at least one download from revmob per app. The positive would be the same for revmob as well and most likely boost their profits. This would drive downloads for them too. Obviously the down would be that a user would only see one ad in the time that they have the app.

Hi @barmyam  is any update from Revmob ?? 

The  staff of Remove have not show up here for a while.

I just send a mail to GUI of Revmob.

ask them send someone give us support on this forum.

Yesterday , I test Revmob again , It really chaos .

The result as below

======

I use my device with my app (Remove SDK 5.2.1) it show free app ( Clan
of clash ) , this app I play everyday . But Revmob tell me install this ?
, after sometime . I open again it show me another app (Hay day) , this
app I can make sure it never install in my device , then I install it
and play. It is fun to play. I play it all day long. But today I open my
app with Revmob SDK , It show (Hay day) for me to install it again .
and yesterday no install count.

========

This month is really really Bad of the performance from  Revmob Ads !!!

I sent an e-mail to Gui on Wednesday - he forwarded it to the publishing department, still no word back yet - it’s really not good enough.

With lots more options coming soon via plugins, Revmob are going to lose all their Corona developers. 

hi @nick_sherman 

So you have the same problem?  This month revenue event not half of last month …pretty bad. 

and their support on this forum also the same of  RevMob’s status. 

I really missing the early period of support from GUI on forum    :unsure: 

I also tell Gui, here are so many complain…

If they still no good response. I think about another way :wacko:

My revenue is okay - but I am still using a really old version of Revmob SDK, 3.0 I think - I’m not risking changing existing apps.

But I have a new app ready to release which needs to use a post-UDID Corona build and Revmob version.

I got the email from GUI. it also forward my email to Jan … :( 

what I can say that…

For iOS, an older app with RevMob 3.4.4 seems to be tracking installs, while my newer apps with RevMob 5.2.1 do not track installs, and seems all together broken.

For Android, both old RevMob and new RevMob seem to be tracking installs.

hi Baymyman :

How about their eCPM on iOS and Android ? 

Br

with the latest eCPMs its no option anyway.

eCPM tapit: 0.05$

eCPM revmob: 0.06$

lets try chartboost and flurry on iOS.

Is chartboost support Corona ?   

sorry, not yet. i am an enterprise user, that’s why I can use it.

Hi Everyone,

During the last month many of you experienced low eCPMs due to problems in the install tracking and we failed to deliver support and explanation for such problems in a timely manner.

Unfortunately on every other platform that RevMob offers support for monetization we had time to prepare for a non-UDID tracking transitioning from UDID to MAC address to finally IDFA. With Corona we never had access to the MAC address and had to jump straight to IDFA and this caused major problems tracking installs. Since Monday we are capable to track all installs using only the IDFA so we strongly suggest that all our Publishers using Corona updates to a Build above 1095 and SDKs of version 5.2.0 or newer.

After performing a root cause analysis, we can safely say that if Corona allowed access to all the identifiers from the start, none of this would have happened and all of us would have had a higher revenue. The best we can do in the future is to make sure Corona is a transparent engine that gives developers access to all the relevant data points. In other words, thanks to Corona’s decision to block access to and hash crucial device identifiers, we are all paying the price.

Sincerely,

RevMob Team

Jan - will apps already in the market place using older Revmob SDKs continue to track installs ok?

I don’t use RevMob (currently) but always keep an eye on all things Corona related. Just wanted to ask Jan whether RevMob would benefit from Corona’s plugin system (if you’re not currently using that) - that way you would have greater control and be able to benefit from native code i.e be able to access IDFA even though Corona didn’t implement in a timely fashion?

Hi everyone - I just posted this on another Revmob thread:

Hey Jan (and everyone else on the thread here),

I’d like to clear something up here. This is the first time I hear from RevMob about any issue they have had with Corona and the identifiers we provide. I know for a fact that no one on the team has heard about this either. As you all know, we have been very clear about what identifiers we provide and which ones we have deprecated - and it has all been driven by changes in the industry and decisions by Apple. These have not been arbitrary decisions by Corona Labs.

In fact, I don’t think any Corona developers, nor any of our *actual* monetization partners, have had any issues with this.

Furthermore, the last changes we did around this happened weeks ago. 

So, Jan, I would please request that in the future, when you think you are having problems caused by Corona, you email me and I’ll see if I can help. But blaming your problems on us is not fair at all.

Again, I’m happy to help. Just be sure to contact us next time if you have questions.

Thanks,

David

They dont blame corona its just the truth :wink: