Revmob showing questionable Ads

I was playing my game and saw the following ad from Revmob:

“Your Android is too Slow!. Click here to Clean!” (Image link:  https://s3.amazonaws.com/rbg-temp/revmob.jpg)

That kind of ad (that tries to fool the user) is something that I don’t tolerate and so I just disabled all rebmob ads from my games.

Just want to let everyone knows about that since it is only a matter of time for your users to give you bad reviews due to that.

I agree. That’s BAD!

Deceptive advertising is intolerable. Only greed can be the motivation to make ads like this.

Unfortunately it’s very common with desktop ads. 

I’ve notified RevMob about this as I want to give RevMob a chance to rectify it. I’ll post back any comments I get from them here on this thread.

BTW. The link you provided includes the last ) as part of the link, which results in an error. Removing the ) shows the image.

Thanks, fixed the link.

I just sent a message to them too, but I don’t have any hope on that.

It is getting difficult to have good ads networks… I started to use Chartboost and I was liking but it appears their SDK it totally outdated and suddenly it stopped registering the installs ( may be due to the outdated SDK).

I think I will try admob…

I tweeted about it and mentioned @revmobmobileads. Let’s see if they care.

I still get installs registered with Chartboost. There was a time about a month ago where their system wasn’t reporting correctly but that has been fixed since then.

Admob seems to be working OK (tried both Admob V1 and V2).

However I can’t get the ads to refresh at a given interval. It doesn’t matter if I use the interval option in ads.show(), or if I set the refresh period in the Admob dashboard. Maybe it’s because no more ad inventory is available, but I don’t think so since calls to hide() and then show() will display different ads. I’ve seen others on the forum who don’t seem to have this problem though.

That is nice to hear about Chartboost. Do you use it on Android & iOS?

I have seen a lot of discussion about admob v2. I am still waiting to see if all the problems are solved before using it.

I just recently tested Admob V2, and the issues I’ve seen on the forum (1) can’t build for iOS and (2) ads not shown on first call, are not a problem for me.

I’m able to build for iOS and ads are shown on first call. The only issue I have is the refresh thing, but that was the same for V1.

did anyone hear anything from revmob? that questionable “android too slow” ad is still circulating as of today.

No response from Revmob as of yet…

Received today a response. They said would be pausing the campaign.

Good. At least they listen.

@ingemar. I think I found out why your Chartboost is working and mine not. Do you use the native lib thru your Corona Enterprise?

Look at this post: http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/47566-chartboost-not-working-any-longer/

Wow. I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for the heads-up!

I’m not using the native Chartboost API (yet), I’m using the open source code. I’m just lucky that my apps using Chartboost (except 1) were built with a version of Corona where the IFA was still available.

I agree. That’s BAD!

Deceptive advertising is intolerable. Only greed can be the motivation to make ads like this.

Unfortunately it’s very common with desktop ads. 

I’ve notified RevMob about this as I want to give RevMob a chance to rectify it. I’ll post back any comments I get from them here on this thread.

BTW. The link you provided includes the last ) as part of the link, which results in an error. Removing the ) shows the image.

Thanks, fixed the link.

I just sent a message to them too, but I don’t have any hope on that.

It is getting difficult to have good ads networks… I started to use Chartboost and I was liking but it appears their SDK it totally outdated and suddenly it stopped registering the installs ( may be due to the outdated SDK).

I think I will try admob…

I tweeted about it and mentioned @revmobmobileads. Let’s see if they care.

I still get installs registered with Chartboost. There was a time about a month ago where their system wasn’t reporting correctly but that has been fixed since then.

Admob seems to be working OK (tried both Admob V1 and V2).

However I can’t get the ads to refresh at a given interval. It doesn’t matter if I use the interval option in ads.show(), or if I set the refresh period in the Admob dashboard. Maybe it’s because no more ad inventory is available, but I don’t think so since calls to hide() and then show() will display different ads. I’ve seen others on the forum who don’t seem to have this problem though.

That is nice to hear about Chartboost. Do you use it on Android & iOS?

I have seen a lot of discussion about admob v2. I am still waiting to see if all the problems are solved before using it.

I just recently tested Admob V2, and the issues I’ve seen on the forum (1) can’t build for iOS and (2) ads not shown on first call, are not a problem for me.

I’m able to build for iOS and ads are shown on first call. The only issue I have is the refresh thing, but that was the same for V1.

did anyone hear anything from revmob? that questionable “android too slow” ad is still circulating as of today.

No response from Revmob as of yet…

Received today a response. They said would be pausing the campaign.