Rotating a Sprite using moveSpriteTo

Hi dyson,

Is there a way I can rotate my sprite while using moveSpriteTo?

Thanks, Greg

I added  transition.to( torpedo, { rotation = 720, time=1000, transition=easing.linear  } )

in front of my mte.moveSpriteTo() call, but is there a way to include it with the moveSpriteTo?

Thanks, Greg

Fraid not, Greg. The MTE movement functions were needed to handle moving sprites in maps such that they behave correctly when they reach the world wrap and other similar issues pertaining specifically to tile maps, but they weren’t meant to totally replace Corona’s own functions. Transitions are useful for a lot of things and worked fine even back then- so long as they weren’t used to move sprites. You can now use transitions to move sprites as well, of course, but considerations were different back then. Adding rotation support to moveSpriteTo would be reinventing the wheel, as I see it.

Doing the rotation works fine for me before my transition.to,  It sounds like it would be complex to manage rotation within a moveto, too bad because I would own the world then! (j/k)

Thanks for the help dyson!

I added  transition.to( torpedo, { rotation = 720, time=1000, transition=easing.linear  } )

in front of my mte.moveSpriteTo() call, but is there a way to include it with the moveSpriteTo?

Thanks, Greg

Fraid not, Greg. The MTE movement functions were needed to handle moving sprites in maps such that they behave correctly when they reach the world wrap and other similar issues pertaining specifically to tile maps, but they weren’t meant to totally replace Corona’s own functions. Transitions are useful for a lot of things and worked fine even back then- so long as they weren’t used to move sprites. You can now use transitions to move sprites as well, of course, but considerations were different back then. Adding rotation support to moveSpriteTo would be reinventing the wheel, as I see it.

Doing the rotation works fine for me before my transition.to,  It sounds like it would be complex to manage rotation within a moveto, too bad because I would own the world then! (j/k)

Thanks for the help dyson!