Royal Booty Quest on Linux

Hey guys,

just wanna say - we tested it, and it worked quite good.

Few things that we encounter: no spaces in package, shaders working weird, masks working weird.

Maybe gfx problems were couse game was running on openGL 2.0(simulator was not working there). But game worked fine. Here are a few screenshots:

E4wiBJbl80M.jpg

zSX5FjFld58.jpg THIx2YQsD_0.jpg SJi9XrAFsMA.jpg

I’ve been stuck on some Windows kit for a while now and sadly haven’t had chance to play with Linux builds myself, but coming at this from a more general angle, regarding your graphics issues, it might be worth trying alternate drivers.

Most distributions ship open source Mesa drivers by default, because they’re GNU licensed and lightweight, but unsurprisingly the official drivers from Nvidia / AMD tend to be a better fit.

I just cached shaders on the simulator and added them to build - now it is much better. Can work on toasters too. =)

I’ve been stuck on some Windows kit for a while now and sadly haven’t had chance to play with Linux builds myself, but coming at this from a more general angle, regarding your graphics issues, it might be worth trying alternate drivers.

Most distributions ship open source Mesa drivers by default, because they’re GNU licensed and lightweight, but unsurprisingly the official drivers from Nvidia / AMD tend to be a better fit.

I just cached shaders on the simulator and added them to build - now it is much better. Can work on toasters too. =)