Runtime error on Android 2.3.3

No one ever posted a bug report number back here, so I’m not sure that anyone has filed one.

Please file a bug report so we can see what we can do. 

Rob

I just submitted a bug, case number 28586.

In the future, it would be more developer friendly if Corona could file these bug reports once you have already verified that you found the bug as well.  On October 8th Rob mentioned that he narrowed down the bug!

Thank you so much!

Lets see now how long will it take till they resolve it.

Playhaven looks very promising but unfortunately because of this bug could not use it.

My bad.  When I said " we" I didn’t mean Corona Labs, but as in “You” the community.   Here is the problem.  I can’t file bugs for you for various reasons. 

1. I don’t have all the information needed (what version of Corona are you running, what hardware, what devices is the problem showing up. 

2. I don’t have your project to assemble the sample app so engineering can quickly narrow down the problem. 

3. If all the bugs in the system are from Brent and I, then any questions that need to be asked by the engineers come to our email and not yours.  Then we have track down the forum post, ask the question, wait for you to respond, then wait for us to come back on line, see the response, then go find the bug report and then hopefully transcribe your answer correctly.   Or they can go in the bug tracker, ask the question, it comes to your email you simply reply cutting out a huge “middle-man” process.

Hope that helps explain why it’s not beneficial for us to enter bugs for you.

Rob

Thanks for the follow up and explanation, Rob.  That makes sense.

Playhaven is a third-party plugin and not managed by Corona. We don’t have access to their source code so they need to resolve any plugin errors. Plugins cannot be handle with bug reports to Corona Labs.

Sometimes it is hard for us developers to distinguish which error is “your fault” and which from the third-party developer.

Anyways, would you (Corona Labs) contact them about the bug? Guess they would take it more seriously than if some of us developer do it.

I am also experiencing this issue, and have emailed Playhaven support to see if they have any fixes.

my work around for this is to check 

system.getInfo('platformVersion') \>= '4.'

before initializing any playhaven stuff

Will we ever get a solution to this an be able to use Playhaven ???

No one ever posted a bug report number back here, so I’m not sure that anyone has filed one.

Please file a bug report so we can see what we can do. 

Rob

I just submitted a bug, case number 28586.

In the future, it would be more developer friendly if Corona could file these bug reports once you have already verified that you found the bug as well.  On October 8th Rob mentioned that he narrowed down the bug!

Thank you so much!

Lets see now how long will it take till they resolve it.

Playhaven looks very promising but unfortunately because of this bug could not use it.

My bad.  When I said " we" I didn’t mean Corona Labs, but as in “You” the community.   Here is the problem.  I can’t file bugs for you for various reasons. 

1. I don’t have all the information needed (what version of Corona are you running, what hardware, what devices is the problem showing up. 

2. I don’t have your project to assemble the sample app so engineering can quickly narrow down the problem. 

3. If all the bugs in the system are from Brent and I, then any questions that need to be asked by the engineers come to our email and not yours.  Then we have track down the forum post, ask the question, wait for you to respond, then wait for us to come back on line, see the response, then go find the bug report and then hopefully transcribe your answer correctly.   Or they can go in the bug tracker, ask the question, it comes to your email you simply reply cutting out a huge “middle-man” process.

Hope that helps explain why it’s not beneficial for us to enter bugs for you.

Rob

Thanks for the follow up and explanation, Rob.  That makes sense.

Playhaven is a third-party plugin and not managed by Corona. We don’t have access to their source code so they need to resolve any plugin errors. Plugins cannot be handle with bug reports to Corona Labs.

Sometimes it is hard for us developers to distinguish which error is “your fault” and which from the third-party developer.

Anyways, would you (Corona Labs) contact them about the bug? Guess they would take it more seriously than if some of us developer do it.

Has this been fixed already?

Has this been fixed already?

Any news???