Runtime Error trying to grab local image

Build: Corona 2019.3517 2019.08.16

This app used to work fine before, no changes besides updating one image (not the one that causes the error) and new version of Corona. This is when built and tried on Android. Do not remember which build I had before but it gotta have been over a year ago.

Now I get this error:

Screenshot_20190820.jpg

And this is my code:

row77.PNG

I went back to last public release and now it worked as before (Corona-2018.3326). But this is not a long term solution. Anyone who have an idea what might be wrong?

Try using a path on C:\ without any special characters in the URL.

Yeah, I agree. But since my path is relative I do not understand why the Android Debug build shows the path from where the app was when i built it. That should be irrelevant when installed on phone. I mean, the relative path should lead to where the app is on the phone.

Therefore this should not be a problem and was not a problem until resent builds. See screenshot under “And this is my code:” in first post as reference. 

To try to be clearer. First screen with the error message is on my Android phone with a build using the debug key. I do not understand why the app then remember the path from the workstation? 

My advice is to look at the console log (adb logcat) and make sure there are no other messages right before you get that error. Debugging contains symbols which can include path information (as it’s trying to tell you in your code where the problem is).  This error typically means that it can’t find the file. 

Now all that said, this could be a weird issue with 64-bit builds since they use Gradle scripts to build your app and we’ve found a ton of UTF-8 errors and errors when building on drives on than the C: drive. We are squashing these bugs as fast as we can find them.

I would also suggest trying to run with daily build 2019.3490 (the last 32-bit only build) and see if it’s an issue there. I’m going to move them to the Android 64-bit testing forum since I suspect it’s related.

Rob

Thanks for the response Rob. I got the app working and released with the old public build for now, customer was nagging to get it out. 

I will try in the future to use the 64-bit (if that not work, latest 32-bit as you propose) and update the thread. I saw Google was giving us Corona users a extra year to update to 64-bit :) 

I went back to last public release and now it worked as before (Corona-2018.3326). But this is not a long term solution. Anyone who have an idea what might be wrong?

Try using a path on C:\ without any special characters in the URL.

Yeah, I agree. But since my path is relative I do not understand why the Android Debug build shows the path from where the app was when i built it. That should be irrelevant when installed on phone. I mean, the relative path should lead to where the app is on the phone.

Therefore this should not be a problem and was not a problem until resent builds. See screenshot under “And this is my code:” in first post as reference. 

To try to be clearer. First screen with the error message is on my Android phone with a build using the debug key. I do not understand why the app then remember the path from the workstation? 

My advice is to look at the console log (adb logcat) and make sure there are no other messages right before you get that error. Debugging contains symbols which can include path information (as it’s trying to tell you in your code where the problem is).  This error typically means that it can’t find the file. 

Now all that said, this could be a weird issue with 64-bit builds since they use Gradle scripts to build your app and we’ve found a ton of UTF-8 errors and errors when building on drives on than the C: drive. We are squashing these bugs as fast as we can find them.

I would also suggest trying to run with daily build 2019.3490 (the last 32-bit only build) and see if it’s an issue there. I’m going to move them to the Android 64-bit testing forum since I suspect it’s related.

Rob

Thanks for the response Rob. I got the app working and released with the old public build for now, customer was nagging to get it out. 

I will try in the future to use the 64-bit (if that not work, latest 32-bit as you propose) and update the thread. I saw Google was giving us Corona users a extra year to update to 64-bit :)