S2D Build 3660 for iOS with latest Xcode Dev Build BROKEN

Build 3660 was working fine. However, today I installed the newest Xcode version 13.1 (13A1030d). I had already been running with an earlier version of 13.1, but this one is specifically 13A1030d.

Whether I create a Dev or Distribution build, both result in the device reporting “Unable To Install xxxMyAppNamexxx”.

Problem is, I can’t build to update my apps now. The .ipa file uploads fine to TestFlight, too. And I still get this same error on my device when I attempt to install it from TestFlight or the Dev version through Xcode…

My hardware is MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

This problem occurred running the latest version of macOS Monterey 12.1 Beta (21C5021h).

UPDATE

UPGRADING TO THE LATEST macOS Monterey version (21C5031D) released 2 days ago solved this problem with the DISTRIBUTION profile. But it is still BROKEN when creating a build with the DEVELOPMENT profile. Although the Build finishes, using Xcode to install it fails with the “Unable To Install…” message.

It’s very strange that it allows you to upload to Testflight, but Testflight then fails to install it on the device. That should be completely independent of anything to do with Solar2D.

I tried adding IPA with a Dev profile app with MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey and Xcode 13.1 and was successful.

It sounds like an issue with Monterey 12.1 beta or it could be an issue profile, Apple does recommend to “Install the beta software only on non-production devices that are not business critical”

@Scott_Harrison, May I ask a dumb question?

The IPA file type can only be created by S2D with a Distribution profile. An APP file type can be created with a Developer profile. Are you saying that you successfully built the latter (APP file) with MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey and Xcode 13.1?

If so, are you aware that there are two versions of Xcode 13.1 with the identical version number? (13A1030d) One was RC1 on Oct 18 and the one I’m using is the RELEASE version on Oct 25. https://xcodereleases.com

Oddly, my RC1 version from Oct 18 worked fine. The new Oct 25 RELEASE version is not.

I just completed a new build to verify the problem still exists and it’s not the result of Beta. Any chance you can find out if you have the Oct 18 or Oct 25 version that’s working for you? If it’s the Oct 18 version, DO NOT upgrade it to the RELEASE version or you could be stuck like me. I can build and release with a DIST profile. But on-device development takes a lot longer when I can’t use a Developer profile.

My mistake it was .APP file and using 13A1030d. I just use lasted version Xcode from the App Store.

@Scott_Harrison - can you bring up the App Store on your Mac and just verify there is no Install/Update button? The reason I ask is because I first had the Oct 18 version 13.1, which I had installed and didn’t think that I needed to install 13.1 again. The problem began after doing that. This will tell you if you already have the Oct 25 version.

@Scott_Harrison, Which S2D sample would you recommend I try, just to make sure my problem isn’t somehow related to my code, config or build settings?

I highly doubt its S2D project issue, I would try a blank project with no plugins under “file”>“new project”>“blank template”(everything else does not matter)> build for iOS

I tried the simple Getting Started > Clock code build for iOS. I receive the same error.