Save sandbox on GooglePlay and GameCenter

Hello everyone,

In my app save several “.json” files in the sandbox. At the moment there are 10 files(about 17KB in all).

This works and is fast for me. However, I often add new game modes and then the files increase(+1 for mode).

Users of both iOS and Android ask me to be able to save their game data (so my sandbox),  in game center and googleplay, so that even if they change device they do not have to start from the beginning.

I’ve never done this myself. Could I show me how I should move? It’s very complicated?

Our GPGS (Google Play Game Services) plugin supports snapshots.  For iOS we have the iCloud plugin, however neither of these are cross platform. You would need to use your own server to save your JSON files to or use a service like PlayFab or GameSparks which should have cross-platform data saving.

Rob

Thanks rob.

However if I wanted to use a service like PlayFab or GameSparks,  Should I still allow the user to access google play and game center, It,s right?

I could have more information on how I should move. I apologize but this part is new to me

There is no reason why you cant use GPGS/GameCenter for leaderboards/achievements and the other services for your game saves.

Rob

if I do not use these services(GPGS/GameCenter), the user how to do later to recover his saveData?

PlayFab and GameSparks do they require a registration in game?

PlayFab and GameSparks will need some form of login/id to uniquely ID your player. Even if you do your own thing, you will need this too.

Rob

I understand I thank you.

Can you tell me if somewhere is a tutorial or a guide that I can follow to make everything possible?

Gamespark at least can use Google, Facebook or iOS to login to Gamespark. 

Our GPGS (Google Play Game Services) plugin supports snapshots.  For iOS we have the iCloud plugin, however neither of these are cross platform. You would need to use your own server to save your JSON files to or use a service like PlayFab or GameSparks which should have cross-platform data saving.

Rob

Thanks rob.

However if I wanted to use a service like PlayFab or GameSparks,  Should I still allow the user to access google play and game center, It,s right?

I could have more information on how I should move. I apologize but this part is new to me

There is no reason why you cant use GPGS/GameCenter for leaderboards/achievements and the other services for your game saves.

Rob

if I do not use these services(GPGS/GameCenter), the user how to do later to recover his saveData?

PlayFab and GameSparks do they require a registration in game?

PlayFab and GameSparks will need some form of login/id to uniquely ID your player. Even if you do your own thing, you will need this too.

Rob

I understand I thank you.

Can you tell me if somewhere is a tutorial or a guide that I can follow to make everything possible?

Gamespark at least can use Google, Facebook or iOS to login to Gamespark.