#screenshotsaturday -- Post your screen shots here.

Can anyone make this work on an XXXX OSX iMac ? I think Apple (no surprise) are using some stupid crud for their graphic cut and paste as I keep getting ‘not allowed to use that image extension’ (tried it from Gimp, Preview, Grab !) and uploading it is a pain ?

What are you referring to Paul?

Grab works fine on the Simulator, and it loads quite nicely into the editor, but when you try to actually post it throws it out as it doesn’t like the type. 

I still don’t understand what you mean.  What editor? Are you talking about the forums and posting a screen shot here?

Best thing to do is upload it somewhere and grab the URL and use the little poloroid picture icon and enter the URL.

Rob

Posted this to Twitter, but to folks that don’t follow me, here’s Mr. Locutor showing off his many talents.

uz10QZf.gif

Nice!

Still working on Executive, testing and tweaking using a game ‘Phantom Slayer’ , which is a rewrite of the Tandy Color Computer/Dragon (6809/6847 machine) faux 3D game from the 1980s. It’s a step-3D effect (like Dungeon Master etc.) not a ray caster or anything. It can be made to look like the original as well :slight_smile: The original is really creepy.

Game about 90% completed - you can do everything but shoot back, which makes the game a bit hard :slight_smile:

https://github.com/autismuk/Phantom-Slayer

slayer.png

The original game:

phantom_slayer1.gif

Looks nice.  Your artwork is not bad at all for someone who says they can’t do it - it has a very retro feel to it - in a nice way.  It reminded me a bit of those Commander Keen games.

Have you ever tried 3D ? I cannot draw for absolute toffee - I can barely draw a neat straight line. I find 3D modelling and then rendering it as a sprite somewhat easier - I think it’s because you don’t think about light and shade, you just copy the thing you are designing and light it.

I’d play this! :slight_smile:

Since it’s Saturday…  

Happy Travels By Jack:

http://www.HappyTravelsByJack.com/

screenshot-1.png  screenshot-2.png

screenshot-4.png

http://facebook.com/HappyTravelsByJack

More gifs from “Infiltration”:

Q9DTS7c.gif

hv2HLHS.gif

Sorry for the ‘3rd post’…  wanted to show some screen shots.  After all, it is Screenshot Saturday.

Tap Harp.

This is an app that is fun for all ages.  Tap Harp is a collaborative work from Laurie Andriot and Cyber Park Studios.

9702898_orig.png

5283281_orig.png

8854461_orig.png

My first iOS game “CubiX FREE - The Jump Game”. Play with friends via Game Center for FREE.

AppStore link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cubix-free-the-jump-game/id896379297?mt=8 screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

"Beetle Juice" - Android and iOS

Screenshot-2014-05-21-06.05.46-421x238.p

BeetleJuice_iPhone4_Game-421x238.png

BeetleJuice_iPhone4_GameOver-421x238.png

Hello!

This is my first Corona App, and it’s a very simple action game. I published it today.

What do you guys think??

And here its my app logo:

If you like to check it out, go to play store and send me your review in what i can improve the app.

Link: http://goo.gl/iv5lhu

Thanks for reading,

Matheus Gaya Scandiffio.

Very nice everyone!

Firstly, Matheu, your link is wrong, though it’s easy enough to find on Google Play.

As a first game, it’s really good. It’s a lot better than the first game I ever wrote (mind you I did have 8 7 Segment LEDs which somewhat limits the graphics).  It’s nicely presented, the graphics are nicely done, the explosion effect is simple but effective. Nice parallax background. Might think about replacing the standard font text with a bitmap font, like your “Game Over”, using standard fonts does look a bit obvious sometimes.

I found the controls a bit too sensitive. One of the problems testing  your own game, is , that it’s your own game, you know how to play it. On my Android tablet, it made navigating between the obstacles a bit difficult, it is tempting just to fly along the bottom or the top all of the time.  The horizontal scrolling is also quite quick, which means it is more of a reaction game than a thinking ahead sort of game. But this might be because I’m old and slow these days. Playing Defender is beyond me now :slight_smile:

With this sort of game though, you can always start slow and speed up , or maybe have fewer or smaller obstacles, to get people into it. If a game is too hard, people play it a couple of times, think , heck it’s impossible, and dump it. Lure people in. You could also change the sizes of some of the opposition (this is easy enough). Another thing you could maybe add might be something like a smart bomb ? moving objects horizontally ? 

I notice you’ve used both Banners and Interstitials for advertising. I think maybe it comes over a bit overloaded on Ads ; it’s a difficult pick between filling it full of ads to maximise revenue and not annoying your customer base. When the interstitial first came up it was a bit of a surprise :slight_smile:

Some of the text is aligned quite right - the Score at the top left, and the game over screen, and this can look slightly untidy.

Overall, a very good start.

Thanks paulscottrobson for your great review!!

The link now is right.

Great tips. I am going to take them in consideration for the next update.

It’s pretty simple, but its a good start :).

I am gonna try to implement leaderboard for the next version.

Thanks again for the awesome review,

Matheus Gaya Scandiffio.

Matheusgs05,

Nice job for your first app, gave you a nice review. I also agree with paul’s ideas the controls were a bit to sensitive took me a few tries to figure out the right amount of touch to apply to get it to do what I wanted.

I am not a big fan of ads but if a game has them I prefer the banner and 9 out of 10 times will uninstall a game that has a full screen advertisement (but that’s just me).

Other than that though, its a great job for a first time game looking forward to seeing what you do on your next game :slight_smile:

Christopher

Thanks Christopher Bishop for the review.

I am going to adjust the sensitive problem, I agree that for new users it is kind of sensitive and hard.

Matheus Gaya Scandiffio.