ScrollView gets funny

Any idea how to prevent this type of error?
These paths do not exist on my computer…
I also even cannot define which of my scenes causes the error, the one the user leaves or just enters… Both the scenes use a ScrollView widget.

You can download the widget code, use a local copy, identify the error line and fix that.

Essentially that error is saying “hey I tried to access ‘parent’ and it wasn’t there”. This happens when the scrollview does ‘something’ after it’s parent was deleted.

I thought these issues were all fixed, but it looks like you find one of the ones that can still happen.

It is possible you are causing this. Just possible. Are you manipulating a scrollview after a scene is closed?

Post back if you have trouble getting the local copy to work.

I started seeing similar kind of errors when I started using offline versions 3600+.
For me the issue has always been something in my code and not in the actual widget library, though it doesn’t always trace it back to my code.

Sure, I will try to play with a local copy. Thank you for your help.

I found that most likely it is the case. The scene is closed, but something is going on… The reason is that certain objects were not removed, they are still present and their listeners still work despite the :removeSelf() & :removeEventListener() commands… It makes the execution of the code go a wrong way. For me it is still a mystery, why the objects are not removed, but become invisible even though there is no command for that and still work… After some investigation I will start another thread about it…