Scrollview & Text, starts in the middle of text, and won't let me go up?

So I watch a tutorial which uses (for the most part) the below code.  All I want is a simple scroll view that I can enter text into to view the large amount of text that I will be pulling from a table (basically a long list).  Before even getting to the code required to pull from the table I just wanted to get the scrollview to work with text… however, when i insert the text into the scrollview, it starts the text from the middle and won’t let me scroll up hardly at all.  It does let me scroll down…WAY past the last few lines of text. Is there a way to have it start at the first line of text? 

Also, while on the subject, I saw you could set the scroll to specifc coords, but is there a way to set the scroll to specific lines of text (like bookmarks in adobe/word)?

Code I am using is below. 

local composer = require( "composer" ) local widget = require( "widget" ) local scene = composer.newScene() local function scrollListener (event) local phase = event.phase local direction = event.direction -- if the scrollView has reached it's scroll limit if event.limitReached then if "up" == direction then print("Reached top limit!") elseif "down" == direction then print("Reached bottom limit!") end end return True end local scrollView = widget.newScrollView { left = 0, top = 100, width = display.contentWidth, height = display.contentHeight/2, topPadding = 10, bottomPadding = 10, horizontalScrollDisabled = true, verticalScrollDisabled = false, listener = scrollListener } -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Scene event functions -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- function scene:create( event ) local sceneGroup = self.view -- Code here runs when the scene is first created but has not yet appeared on screen -- -- INSERT code here to initialize the scene -- e.g. add display objects to 'sceneGroup', add touch listeners, etc local background = display.newImageRect( sceneGroup, "imgs/menuBG.png", (display.contentHeight\*2), (display.contentWidth\*2) ) background.x = display.contentCenterX background.y = display.contentCenterY local title = display.newImageRect( sceneGroup, "imgs/studyTitle.png", 200, 75 ) title.x = display.contentCenterX title.y = display.contentCenterY/8 local listText = "A huge list of text will eventually be compiled from a table and go in this area" local listTextObject = display.newText( listText, 0 , 0 , display.contentWidth \* .8 , 0, "helvetica" , 14) listTextObject:setTextColor(0) listTextObject.x = display.contentCenterX scrollView:insert(listTextObject) end function scene:show( event ) local sceneGroup = self.view local phase = event.phase if phase == "will" then -- Called when the scene is still off screen and is about to move on screen elseif phase == "did" then -- Called when the scene is now on screen end end function scene:hide( event ) local sceneGroup = self.view local phase = event.phase if event.phase == "will" then -- Called when the scene is on screen and is about to move off screen elseif phase == "did" then -- Called when the scene is now off screen composer.removeScene( "study" ) end end function scene:destroy( event ) local sceneGroup = self.view end -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Scene event function listeners -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- scene:addEventListener( "create", scene ) scene:addEventListener( "show", scene ) scene:addEventListener( "hide", scene ) scene:addEventListener( "destroy", scene ) -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- return scene

Ok, I figured it out.  I needed to change the text anchor to 0 like so…

... local listTextObject = display.newText( listText, 0 , 0 , display.contentWidth \* .8 , 0, "helvetica" , 14) listTextObject:setTextColor(0) listTextObject.x = display.contentCenterX scrollView:insert(listTextObject) listTextObject.anchorY = 0 ... 

Ok, I figured it out.  I needed to change the text anchor to 0 like so…

... local listTextObject = display.newText( listText, 0 , 0 , display.contentWidth \* .8 , 0, "helvetica" , 14) listTextObject:setTextColor(0) listTextObject.x = display.contentCenterX scrollView:insert(listTextObject) listTextObject.anchorY = 0 ...