I have a horizontal scrollView widget that contains a few buttons. The problem is when I touch a button and try to scroll, it doesn’t register, but when I touch outside the buttons on the scrollViews’s background, the scrolling works fine.
I have been around here since late 2011. When I started, the widget library was:
Not as functional as it is now.
Closed source.
I wanted total control of how my code worked, total visibility so I could fix bugs, and I had the skills to make my own library, so I did.
I’ve used a variant of my SSK buttons (easyIFC) since then.
In my middle years as a Corona user, I found I needed buttons in a scroller. I worked on it for a bit and decided to:
Use widget.newScroller() because it was better than my scroller code by then.
Custom methodology for fixing the one button + scroller flaw.
That flaw is the difficulty to put buttons in a scroller and still keep the functionality of the scroller and buttons even if you click and drag on the buttons.
I have been around here since late 2011. When I started, the widget library was:
Not as functional as it is now.
Closed source.
I wanted total control of how my code worked, total visibility so I could fix bugs, and I had the skills to make my own library, so I did.
I’ve used a variant of my SSK buttons (easyIFC) since then.
In my middle years as a Corona user, I found I needed buttons in a scroller. I worked on it for a bit and decided to:
Use widget.newScroller() because it was better than my scroller code by then.
Custom methodology for fixing the one button + scroller flaw.
That flaw is the difficulty to put buttons in a scroller and still keep the functionality of the scroller and buttons even if you click and drag on the buttons.