Seams between display objects while on device

I’m using Tiled and the ponytiled plugin for my game, so I have lots of images packed next to each other. They look fine on the Corona Simulator, but have visible seams when testing on a device.

Here’s a screenshot of the simulator:

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 12.11.59 pm

And a screenshot of the device:

I’ve tried changing the scale mode from adaptive to letterbox and zoomEven, but neither of them fix the issue. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Going to reference a really old post because this issue has been around for ages… literally. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope it can be insightful to you. I personally dealt with this recently and tried to replicate it in an isolated project in the Simulator with no luck.

1 Like

For those using texture packer, here’s the extrude feature they are talking about in that old thread: TexturePacker - Extrude.

1 Like

I fixed this using Texture Packer to extrude the borders of each tile, and imported it into Tiled with the correct margin and spacing. The map loaded into my game without seams on any device.

I posted this in the Tiled forum because I couldn’t find this information anywhere, so just in case others search for this are also confused:

• Margin is the size of your extruded border in pixels, in my case 2.
  • Spacing is the space between your tiles, excluding the border pixels. Because there are 2 border pixels on both sides of each of my tiles, there is a spacing of 4 pixels between tiles.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.