Search Ads API

Has someone tried using Apple search ads API in their app? I wonder how to make it work in Corona

Search ads API? What do you mean? Can you provide a link to said API? I don’t believe there is an API. I use search ads, I with my Corona apps they work as expected. Installs are tracked by apple in their own magical way.

Hi @agramonte, I’m want to get from Apple analytics users who purchased app/in-app from those who came from search ads. This will provide true LTV for search ads. Currently, Apple does not supply that in their analytics. There is a way however to get information in the app itself when the user came from search ad and you can record that info somewhere. They call that search ad API:

https://searchads.apple.com/advanced/help/measure-results/#attribution-api

Ah yes. I don’t believe there is a plugin for search ads specifically at the moment (unless there is one in the marketplace that I am not aware of). If you want to keep track of LTV for search ads you can:

1. Use one of the plugins that already keep track of it like AppFlyer or Tenjin. 

2. Create your own plugin. It looks like all you need to implement is one if statement. Looks very easy.

3. Use native builds and just call that function from a native build.

Search ads API? What do you mean? Can you provide a link to said API? I don’t believe there is an API. I use search ads, I with my Corona apps they work as expected. Installs are tracked by apple in their own magical way.

Hi @agramonte, I’m want to get from Apple analytics users who purchased app/in-app from those who came from search ads. This will provide true LTV for search ads. Currently, Apple does not supply that in their analytics. There is a way however to get information in the app itself when the user came from search ad and you can record that info somewhere. They call that search ad API:

https://searchads.apple.com/advanced/help/measure-results/#attribution-api

Ah yes. I don’t believe there is a plugin for search ads specifically at the moment (unless there is one in the marketplace that I am not aware of). If you want to keep track of LTV for search ads you can:

1. Use one of the plugins that already keep track of it like AppFlyer or Tenjin. 

2. Create your own plugin. It looks like all you need to implement is one if statement. Looks very easy.

3. Use native builds and just call that function from a native build.

Anyone tried implementing the SearchAds API? I would happily pay for such plug-in. This API is required if you want to track users post install to understand ROI. I can’t use third party analytics due to Apple restrictions in the Kids category.