Setting up iAP in the developer portal - can't find the

First off, when I’m choosing an “Entitlement” for In App Purchase, that’s a one time unlock, correct? Similar to “non-consumable” items in iOS iAP?

Second, when entering the information in the developer portal for in app purchase, once I choose “Entitlement”, under General info, I’m only seeing a place for: title, SKU, type, and content delivery.

I don’t see a place where I can enter the amazon app ID - do I have to add a file, or something in order to enter an Amazon App ID into the developer portal portion of the in app purchase?

Thanks!

Hi beansprites,

Yes, an ‘Entitlement’ on the Amazon Appstore is a one-time unlock.

I am not sure I understand your second question.

On the developer portal, IAP items are  created within the context of an app. When you click "Add an Entitlement’, you have already selected the app that will contain the item(it is listed near the top of the page, under the navigation links). Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

-Preston

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I did select the app that will contain the item, and added the entitlement.

The problem i’m having is that I’m trying to find the place where I enter the “In App Purchase ID” - similar to iOS in app bundle ID - I was under the impression than you enter it in the developer portal, then copy and paste that same in app purchase ID into your app too - sorry if I’m not explaining this very well.

Basically in a nutshell, I’m looking for the spot to enter an in app purchase ID and I can’t find it.

Hi JBean,

When you define an IAP item you assign it a SKU, something like ‘com.mycompany.myapp.item1’. This is equivalent to a Product ID on iOS. 

This ‘SKU’ is the string you would use as the argument to the purchase() function. Does this answer your question?

-Preston 

Ah got it - I did see the “SKU” part - but I thought for some reason there was a section for amazon app ID which I can’t find in the portal where I’m entering everything. I’ve attached a screenshot of instructions from Amazon for entering entitlement items in the portal for in app purchase.

Also, in the build.settings where we put the publisherID, is that the unique ID assigned to the app?

Thank you for your help! moyc.png

Hi JBean,

I’m glad that cleared up some confusion for you.

As for build.settings, use the same publisherId as is in the documentation(“com.amazon”). This simply instructs CoronaSDK to include the Amazon IAP Plugin in your apk build.

-Preston

Thank you for the help! :slight_smile:

So just to clarify, in the build.settings, leave the following line as is: I don’t need to change the publisherID to anything, correct?

– required

publisherId = “com.amazon”,

Hi JBean,

Yes, that is correct.

Hi beansprites,

Yes, an ‘Entitlement’ on the Amazon Appstore is a one-time unlock.

I am not sure I understand your second question.

On the developer portal, IAP items are  created within the context of an app. When you click "Add an Entitlement’, you have already selected the app that will contain the item(it is listed near the top of the page, under the navigation links). Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

-Preston

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I did select the app that will contain the item, and added the entitlement.

The problem i’m having is that I’m trying to find the place where I enter the “In App Purchase ID” - similar to iOS in app bundle ID - I was under the impression than you enter it in the developer portal, then copy and paste that same in app purchase ID into your app too - sorry if I’m not explaining this very well.

Basically in a nutshell, I’m looking for the spot to enter an in app purchase ID and I can’t find it.

Hi JBean,

When you define an IAP item you assign it a SKU, something like ‘com.mycompany.myapp.item1’. This is equivalent to a Product ID on iOS. 

This ‘SKU’ is the string you would use as the argument to the purchase() function. Does this answer your question?

-Preston 

Ah got it - I did see the “SKU” part - but I thought for some reason there was a section for amazon app ID which I can’t find in the portal where I’m entering everything. I’ve attached a screenshot of instructions from Amazon for entering entitlement items in the portal for in app purchase.

Also, in the build.settings where we put the publisherID, is that the unique ID assigned to the app?

Thank you for your help! moyc.png

Hi JBean,

I’m glad that cleared up some confusion for you.

As for build.settings, use the same publisherId as is in the documentation(“com.amazon”). This simply instructs CoronaSDK to include the Amazon IAP Plugin in your apk build.

-Preston

Thank you for the help! :slight_smile:

So just to clarify, in the build.settings, leave the following line as is: I don’t need to change the publisherID to anything, correct?

– required

publisherId = “com.amazon”,

Hi JBean,

Yes, that is correct.