Setting Up Joints in LDX GUI

Is there a tutorial on joint setup in LDX?  Did some searching and didn’t find any.

I’m setting up some player characters and other objects and before I get into a ton of trial and error I’d like to review the ‘proper’ joint setup workflow in the LDX GUI (selection, moving joints, setting accurate rotation points, things NOT to do, etc).

I know how joints function in Corona SDK, and I"m aware of what the parameters do.  So what I’m looking for is a tutorial on visual setup ‘within’ LDX.

I have some complicated stuff to work on and right now I’m getting some unpredictable behavior as I try to line up accurate rotation points.  So I’m stopping and asking for some tuts!  If there is no tutorial or documentation, then I’ll just have to spend a few hours figuring things out. 

What I’m hoping for is:

• a file containing all the common joints with proper setup

• a video displaying connecting objects and what the visual representation in the editor will produce in the simulator.  

• a video or list of things not to do in the editor when setting up joints (moving them?  moving the objects after creation?  scaling? etc…)

Thanks!

Creating some better documentation and videos for Joints are on my TODO list, hopefully I will get round to doing this after the next release.

Implementing Joints in LDX was the most complex feature to create and I appreciate there is certainly room for improvement.

It is not recommended to move, scale or rotate your objects once you have applied any joints as this becomes problematic trying to keep all the positions and anchors in place.

For reference, a joint works in the same way as a polyline/path, so to move the anchor of a joint you can use the edit point tool and this will allow you to move them into position depending on the type of joint.

Thanks for the info!

Creating some better documentation and videos for Joints are on my TODO list, hopefully I will get round to doing this after the next release.

Implementing Joints in LDX was the most complex feature to create and I appreciate there is certainly room for improvement.

It is not recommended to move, scale or rotate your objects once you have applied any joints as this becomes problematic trying to keep all the positions and anchors in place.

For reference, a joint works in the same way as a polyline/path, so to move the anchor of a joint you can use the edit point tool and this will allow you to move them into position depending on the type of joint.

Thanks for the info!