Share Activity Help

Seemingly the Share Activity plugin will not allow for GIFs, as it always exports as a JPG and is not animated. Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Thank you,

Aidan

Can you show some code on how you are doing it currently? As a side note gifs are “fully” supported but corona. Corona likes sprite sheets.

@scottrules44 can you clarify what you believe our GIF support to be?

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the replies.

I decided skip the shortcut and do it myself using native, works now.

the activity plugin defaults to “UIImage” which does not support animated GIFs. To share an animated GIF, it must be shared as NSData. 3 lines of code difference, may be a welcomed little change for the activity plugin.

Only problem I’m running into now is Twitter not supporting animated GIFs from the share activity, which may be a problem with the GIF format or the multipart data. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Best,

Aidan

Work arounds like native.webView. I pretty sure you can download a gif in documents directory and send it off via network api. I should have been more clear

Can you show some code on how you are doing it currently? As a side note gifs are “fully” supported but corona. Corona likes sprite sheets.

@scottrules44 can you clarify what you believe our GIF support to be?

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the replies.

I decided skip the shortcut and do it myself using native, works now.

the activity plugin defaults to “UIImage” which does not support animated GIFs. To share an animated GIF, it must be shared as NSData. 3 lines of code difference, may be a welcomed little change for the activity plugin.

Only problem I’m running into now is Twitter not supporting animated GIFs from the share activity, which may be a problem with the GIF format or the multipart data. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Best,

Aidan

Work arounds like native.webView. I pretty sure you can download a gif in documents directory and send it off via network api. I should have been more clear