Signing Android Applications In 3 Easy Steps

Jarsigner and Keytool come with the Java development package. Make sure all your path varibles are linked to Corona, then it will work fine. All you need is the JDK and all varibles linked to the Corona SDK.

Good luck,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39166[/import]

I’ve tried downloading files from Oracles website, but all I get are random install files that I can’t find afterwards.

I am unable to find anything that’s actually named “Java development package”.

Help? [import]uid: 52847 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39171[/import]

cullenjwebb if you’re on a mac JDK is already installed - if on windoze go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-download-346242.html [import]uid: 24493 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39178[/import]

coynage, that link worked perfectly. Thank you.

Now that I know where to find keytool and jarsigner, how do I point them to Corona? When I run them all they do is open a command window and input commands for a split second.

I am sorry for being so difficult.

Thank you for your help,
-Cullen [import]uid: 52847 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39194[/import]

Excellent post! Who knew it was so easy? Thank you. [import]uid: 29983 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39200[/import]

How do I point the JDk to Corona and get the Keytool command to work in command?

Thanks,
Cullen [import]uid: 52847 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39538[/import]

Go to the Getting Started with Windows. Its on the Ansca Mobile website. [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 39548[/import]

Great info here. I am trying to build an Android version of my game and thankfully I stumbled onto this post. It built successfully.

However, I am a Mac guy with an iPhone so I have no clue how to test this before uploading it onto the Android store. Should I just go for it?

Also, when I built it, the Terminal warned me it couldn’t find a copy of Icon.png to copy. I only added Icon-hdpi.png, Icon-mdpi.png, and Icon-ldpi.png as per the instructions I found. Is this okay?

Thanks! [import]uid: 22392 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42202[/import]

@ninjapig123
I have those two files plus the Icon-ldpi.png. So I should disregard the warning about Icon.png then? It is not needed, correct? [import]uid: 22392 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42233[/import]

You don’t need ldpi or icon.png, those are only for phones with the 1.6 update or lower, basically super old phones. Including those icons are unessary since almost 1 percent of all Android users still use those old phones. It also makes your APK file too big. Make sure also in your config file to make it zoomStretch instead of letterbox. Android phones have tons of different resolutions, so making the app work for the Droid will not work for the myTouch 4G.

Tell me when you publish your app and ill download it.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42235[/import]

Thanks for the info.

I went with letterbox because I can’t allow my game to be stretched out of proportion. It would mess it up too badly. I can live with black bars on the sides.

I will be releasing Monday most likely. I will let you know when I do.

Thanks! [import]uid: 22392 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42274[/import]

@ninjapig123

I am now published!

I reworked the graphics to fit the longest phone (Droid) so I hope it looks good.

If you can download it and try it out, I would be forever grateful. All I have is an iPhone and nobody I knew was running Android 2.2 so I had no way to test it. I am just hoping for the best.

The name of the game is First Pitch.
Here’s the link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.firstpitchgame

Thanks again! [import]uid: 22392 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42566[/import]

Naohm

I checked it out but I’m broke. Make a free version that’s a demo so I csn try before I buy, then add advertisments to the free version. Also make a promo graphic, it makes the game look more attractive on the market.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42569[/import]

@ninjapig123

Sorry about that.
Is there no way to get a promo code like Apple’s App Store offers?

I would be happy to email you one if I could. [import]uid: 22392 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42572[/import]

There is no promo codes on the Android Market. You would have to build another application with a different package name and upload it. Just make a free version of your game and just put advertisments in it. You will make way more money; I have an app up on the market for about 5 days and I’ve already made $2.61 just on advertising. Then offer the paid version if people don’t want the ads.

Its the way to go, trust me. Sign up for AdMob and search on Google Corona SDK Admob, and the sample code will come up. Very easy to implement.

Good Luck,

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42573[/import]

I would say lite + ads with signifcantly less levels or features plus a paid is the way to go.

This way you make money from casual gamers, but also from those who love your game in particular.

I’m making $500 a month in ads from my lite version with 24 levels and about $300 a month from the paid one with 72 levels. [import]uid: 8872 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 42763[/import]

Hi ninjapig123

Having just created my first app (with no coding experience until 6/7 weeks ago and lots of help on here) and managed to get through the app store submission process (as a complete novice!) I am now very frustrated with the Android process.

It would appear that you have found a very simple three step shortcut to getting apps to the android market. Sincere apologies but any chance of making this six very small steps for me? I have absolutely no idea where to find the command prompt, keystore stuff.

Very much appreciated if you or anyone else could help. Feeling incredibly de-skilled!!! [import]uid: 45029 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 43811[/import]

@bob8

If you are on Windows, go to the start menu. Then type in the search bar “run”. Then type in run “cmd”. Then type in the code I listed above. If your on Mac you have to access terminal. Just go on Google and type in “how to access terminal” then you can type in the code I listed above.

This is only for digitally signing your apps. Once you actually build your application with Corona, you will have to upload your app to the Market. That is very simple, just pay the $25 registeration fee and you done. All you have to do is upload your .apk file, and provide google with the correct image sizes and your done. Make sure when your building your app to inculd Icon-hdpi.png and Icon-mdpi.png in your project folder.

Hope this info helps. Post any further questions here.

Regards,
Jordan Schuetz
Ninja Pig Studios [import]uid: 29181 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 43816[/import]

Hi Jordan / ninjapig123
Thanks for taking the time to respond and provide advice. I really do appreciate it. Corona is fantastic but also enhanced greatly by the help/support available on these forums.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Bob [import]uid: 45029 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 43855[/import]

I have the same issue. Every time I type ‘keytool’ on in the command line, I get “‘keytool’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”

as far as pointing anything to anywhere…I can’t say im that knowledgeable.

I’m able to get something to execute when I drag keytool from the bin file…but im back to the whole command line issue…

I think this is way harder than it needs to be…

M [import]uid: 77730 topic_id: 8963 reply_id: 47587[/import]