I’ve build my first hello World app however the Corona Splash screen is absent. At present I’m using the Corona Simulator as I’m waiting to setup an Apple developer account.
I’ve no idea what the splash screen looks like or how it behaves. can I enable it for the simulator?
Keep in mind that iOS and Android are different. On iOS there will be an iOS UILaunchImage that shows before the Corona splash screen. Android doesn’t have this feature, you just get a dark gray screen that shows before the splash screen. In other words:
iOS: Launch Image -> Splash Screen -> Your first screen
Android: Splash Screen -> Your first screen.
If you want these to be the same, you can always make your Launch Image all black so the Corona splash screen would be the first thing the users see. You have to have a launch image system set up or Apple will reject you.
Keep in mind that iOS and Android are different. On iOS there will be an iOS UILaunchImage that shows before the Corona splash screen. Android doesn’t have this feature, you just get a dark gray screen that shows before the splash screen. In other words:
iOS: Launch Image -> Splash Screen -> Your first screen
Android: Splash Screen -> Your first screen.
If you want these to be the same, you can always make your Launch Image all black so the Corona splash screen would be the first thing the users see. You have to have a launch image system set up or Apple will reject you.