Solar 2D apps on new Macs?

I just have got a new MacBook pro and noticed you can download Solar 2D apps via the App Store for the Mac now, when they were developed for iPad or iPhone. Some of my apps are working fine, even showing admob ads BUT others won’t start when clicked.

Is there a minimum version of Solar 2D which should be used to build to make the apps compatible with a Mac?

I am looking for a reason why some of the apps are not working right now.

Thank you for your help!

This is probably a question you can answer yourself as they are your apps. Look at the differences between those that work and those that do not?

That is part of the problem, because they are very similar and I think it has to do with the build I have used. Is there a “first” build version of Solar 2D which makes it “possible” to play the games on a new Mac?

This is a really good question. You might be able to dig through the build historys on Github to see if Vlad documented it?

For what its worth I just tested on my new m1 Air and some apps I built 7 months ago crash. But apps I built 2 weeks ago work just fine. That narrows it down a bit.

Not really sure if those notes are related to simulator or executables but 2020.3627 mentions Apple Silicon support.

1 Like