Solar2D Fourth Anniversary!

Happy Solar2Day!

I am thrilled to see our community’s contributions flourish over the past year, marking a significant milestone for our entirely free and open-source engine. The quality and quantity of these contributions have been fantastic, and they serve as a testament to the vibrant ecosystem we are building together. This is a remarkable achievement that paves the way for the future stability of the project.

We stayed on top of platform updates for this year, delivering major version updates to both Apple and Google platforms. There is a hiccup with Apple privacy integration, but a solution will arrive soon; it is being actively worked on and tested.

We also plan to merge and finally release several core features, like native support for the Vulkan renderer on Windows.

While the project’s pace may have slowed down recently, I commit to making sure you, developers using Solar2D, can continue shipping amazing Solar2D-built games and apps for years to come.

Happy Solar2Day, everyone!

26 Likes

Thank you for all your work!
I just finished my first game at the end of last year, and I also have many plans with Solar2D for this year.
It’s great that you keep this project going.

4 Likes

Thank you Solar2D, thank you Vlad, thanks to all the amazing people helping out and thanks to the whole community :heart:

3 Likes

Nice work Vlad!

2 Likes

Great News, thanks a lot Vlad!

1 Like

Thanks for all the great work and dedication.