Solar2D on Itch.io

Hi,

I was digging for some assets on itch.io and stumbled on this page.

It would be some work, but I wonder if putting Solar2D on there would give it some more exposure.

Anyway, looks like they have a command line tool to automate the uploading of builds here.

It’s probably not needed, but I thought I would just mention it.

Cheers

3 Likes

Heya!

I love Itch myself and have asked their admins about it a couple of years ago; turned out that they have two separate pages for engines and frameworks, with Solar (or actually “Corona SDK” in their case) being considered a framework.

To me Solar was always somewhere on the borderline between the two categories, so it satisfied me back then, but you might always bring it up again if you’d prefer to see it among engines instead.

1 Like

Hi,

I think I saw some of your work on there. Good looking stuff!

Cheers.

1 Like

Oh, thank you very much! I’m also glad to see you back on the Forums as even though I’ve only worked with single-player stuff so far, I’ve always considered your Coronium the number one place I’ll go to if I ever delve into the world of multiplayer. :3

Also, didn’t realize originally that you’ve actually meant putting Solar on itch as one of the places to download new builds etc. My brain just automatically led me to think about their official engine/framework categories, but you’re definitely right that creating a product page to “sell” the engine there might be an additional boost for exposure.

Don’t know how often it’s being used that way, but I did find out about DragonRuby (another neat framework-engine) through their itch releases and reddit posts. And out of the other tools we’re using a lot, there’s Tiled — they have a page on itch as well. So… Sounds like a great idea to me!

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea. More visibility wouldn’t hurt. Godot is there, Ren’Py is there so why wouldn’t Solar2D be?

1 Like

I consider LÖVE to be very similar to Corona/Solar yet it’s listed on the engines page. Scummvm is also on there and as far as I can remember, it’s neither a framework nor an engine. They should probably just combine those 2 pages.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.