Solution for "xParallax" and "yParallax" usage?

I have some minor problem using the yParallax settings in Tiled:

When working with multiple layers in tiled using for example the layers Foreground, Midground, Background with a yParallax setting 1, 0.2, 0.1 the parallax effect is working when a player (in the foreground group) is moved and the camera set to follow the player.

BUT: Because the cam is following the player both the Background and Midground layers are moved as soon as the camera is set to follow the player. Means the positions the Background Tiles and Midground Tiles set in Tiled are NOT fitting the screen positions anymore because the yParallax is already working when the camera is set to the player position, moving the Background and Midground layer on the y-axis depending on the value of yParallax (set in Tiled).

So this means both the Background and Midground layer positions differ on each device because of the different device screen sizes.

How can I focus the camera on the player BUT also make sure the Midground and Background layers are placed exactly how they where placed in Tiled, making a map with all layers look the same exactly on each device screen?

I tried moving the layers, but the camera follow of the player always “overrules” the commands here.

Any ideas?

I still couldn’t figure this one out.

Any help welcome! :wink:

I still couldn’t figure this one out.

Any help welcome! :wink: