Some Windows issues

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before but it looks that Win version of CPM doesn’t use correct end of line chars. I am saying this because the CPM generated lua file opened in other editors looks like one endless line.

Another bug that I discovered is that bookmarks are not working in the tab view of CPM editor. [import]uid: 101952 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 319634[/import]

I’ll take a look at that. I’m working on v3 of CPM right now so hopefully should get those fixed by the release date (mid-January).

Thanks for the feedback.

jay [import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 75851[/import]

Strange thing is that last night bookmarks worked again!
I’ll try to find the bug pattern and then I’ll return to this bug raport again. [import]uid: 101952 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 75950[/import]

>>I am saying this because the CPM generated lua file opened in other editors looks like one endless line.<<

Almost certainly the line endings are CHR(10) only: the Unix and Mac method. Also fine for HTML files too.
You will find that Wordpad recognises that just fine.
Many text editors do too, but Notepad doesn’t.
PFE is a useful external text editor, but its a personal choice.
[import]uid: 108660 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 75969[/import]

CPM is supposed to be smart enough to generate CR+LF on Windows and just LF on Mac – I must have broken something when I smartened it up a while back. I’ll look into it.

Thanks.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 76075[/import]

There is another issue (related to Win version…) If I switch Input language from English to other (Serbian, Latin in my case) I am not able to type sumbols like {}[] etc. I must switch to English input language in order to type them…

[import]uid: 101952 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 77088[/import]

Hmmm…not sure what I can do about the keyboard about issue. I’m not doing anything specific (that I’m aware) of to make it English-only, but I’ll do some digging and see if I can spot a solution.

Jay
[import]uid: 9440 topic_id: 19634 reply_id: 77125[/import]