Sound only in headphones some iPhones

I have read through all the posts I could find on this and related topics, and could not find the answer.

My problem is: sound for my app works for all my iOS devices and all my family’s iOS devices – ranging from iPhone 6 to iPhone 11 and iPad. But I have two customers who do not hear any sound from my app – one iPhone 7, one iPhone X.

Both can hear sounds in other apps, both can hear sounds from my app through headphones.

I have tried playing with channel every which way I can figure, no effect.

I do use duration = x for all the sounds. I have not rebuilt without duration yet, trying that now, but hard to imagine that causing the problem.

I have tried all kinds of settings to see if I could create the problem on my iPhone X, but so far no luck. Any ideas of what I should try?

Thank you for any help.

Surprise, dropping duration fixed the problem. I noticed a problem in ‘callbacks’ for sound in an old post (and duration would require a callback, I assume), but anyway, that fixed the problem on those occasional iOS devices. Obviously a bug in either iOS or Solar2d, but not urgent for me now.

Well, removing the duration fixed it for several people, but then I have one new beta tester who says the sound still doesn’t work in the app except in headphones. She had another unrelated app with the problem, but most worked fine. Is there anything I can do? I don’t think I do anything unusual in sounds, they are all mp3 files.

Hello, sorry to arrive late on the subject, but i can confirm : indeed, for some reasons, audio does not play at all on some iphones (except with headphones or over bluetooth).
I do own one of those devices (iphone 11 pro).
I ran the audio sample app, and absolutely no sound comes out. I tried to play with duration, but it did not have any impact.

Bug logged here :