Build fails when I “enable” SplashScreen.
I used build: 2019.3498
splashScreen = { enable = true, image = "splash.jpg" },
It can be built successfully with “false”.
Jul 02 10:47:21.417 FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. Jul 02 10:47:21.417 \* What went wrong: Jul 02 10:47:21.417 Execution failed for task ':App:mergeReleaseResources'. Jul 02 10:47:21.418 \> Jul 02 10:47:21.418 1 exception was raised by workers: Jul 02 10:47:21.418 com.android.builder.internal.aapt.v2.Aapt2Exception: Android resource compilation failed Jul 02 10:47:21.430 /private/var/folders/0h/z6wk1l215mv1x\_n700jnrh9c0000gn/T/CLtmpbB1KN3/template/app/build/generated/corona\_icons/drawable/\_corona\_splash\_screen.png: error: failed to read PNG signature: file does not start with PNG signature. Jul 02 10:47:21.431 /private/var/folders/0h/z6wk1l215mv1x\_n700jnrh9c0000gn/T/CLtmpbB1KN3/template/app/build/generated/corona\_icons/drawable/\_corona\_splash\_screen.png: error: file failed to compile.
Attach a simple project that demonstrates this problem in a zip file.
The build was successful with PNG.
Specifying a JPG image will fail.
I used JPG to reduce data capacity in the 32bit version, but I have no problem with PNG.
splashScreen = { enable = true, image = "splash.png" },
Still need a project file?
You can compress PNGs. This is a good tool - https://tinypng.com/
vlads
July 3, 2019, 7:46pm
7
Thanks for the report. I kinda forgot writing new build system that splash screens could be JPG too. For now I’d suggest to use PNG instead, you can compress it with https://tinypng.com/ . It’s quite good.
vlads
July 10, 2019, 2:05pm
8
new build should support jpg splash screens.
Thank you!
I succeeded in building a JPEG splash image on my device as well.
Attach a simple project that demonstrates this problem in a zip file.
The build was successful with PNG.
Specifying a JPG image will fail.
I used JPG to reduce data capacity in the 32bit version, but I have no problem with PNG.
splashScreen = { enable = true, image = "splash.png" },
Still need a project file?
You can compress PNGs. This is a good tool - https://tinypng.com/
vlads
July 3, 2019, 7:46pm
15
Thanks for the report. I kinda forgot writing new build system that splash screens could be JPG too. For now I’d suggest to use PNG instead, you can compress it with https://tinypng.com/ . It’s quite good.
vlads
July 10, 2019, 2:05pm
16
new build should support jpg splash screens.
Thank you!
I succeeded in building a JPEG splash image on my device as well.