I am using SQLite and want to show the day of the month in a number format. I need to use the current day. I was trying to sysdate and get the day of the month from that, but that is not working. Here is what I was trying: SUBSTR(sysdate,1,2)
Can you please explain what the ‘now’ modifier is doing in this case. I stumbled on this while looking in the SQLite.org site, but got it working without the modifier. I will put it in if it will eliminate errors or other problems that might arise, but I would like to know what those might be if you can.
I believe ‘now’ is the timestring not the modifier. It is providing the current day/time input to the strftime function. See following site for some good insight and examples.
Can you please explain what the ‘now’ modifier is doing in this case. I stumbled on this while looking in the SQLite.org site, but got it working without the modifier. I will put it in if it will eliminate errors or other problems that might arise, but I would like to know what those might be if you can.
I believe ‘now’ is the timestring not the modifier. It is providing the current day/time input to the strftime function. See following site for some good insight and examples.