SSK2: "attempt to index global 'math2d' (a nil value)"

This may sound like a stupid question, something that could be as simple as a ‘require ()’ statement (or I’m just too tired :stuck_out_tongue: ).   I’ve been trying to examine and copy your sample “Localizations” to include those SSK declarations, but I am getting the above (title) error on ANY call to a math2d functions.    

The other functions work like a charm, except when i make a call to any math2d function.   Sorry,  what did I miss  (or just so stupid to not notice the problem) ?  

SSK Version:  2017.007

Corona:  2992

Win 7 Ultimate

Error on Simulator

Thanks

I really need to see your code, but this is generally the way I localize math functions in a module …

1. Follow these directions to add ssk2 to your main.lua file:  https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/#installing-ssk2

2. A sample module with math2d localized

– ============================================================= – someModule.lua – ============================================================= – ============================================================= – Localizations – ============================================================= – -- SSK 2D Math Library local addVec = ssk.math2d.add;local subVec = ssk.math2d.sub;local diffVec = ssk.math2d.diff local lenVec = ssk.math2d.length;local len2Vec = ssk.math2d.length2; local normVec = ssk.math2d.normalize;local vector2Angle = ssk.math2d.vector2Angle local angle2Vector = ssk.math2d.angle2Vector;local scaleVec = ssk.math2d.scale – ============================================================= – Module Begins – ============================================================= local someModule = {} function someModule.test() local vec = angle2Vector( 45, true ) table.dump(vec) end return someModule

To test it

Then in main.lua you could do this:

local works = require "someModule" works.test()

Hi Ed,

I tried and figured i need to declare the function like this: 

local isWithinDistance = ssk.math2d.isWithinDistance 

before I can use it, like so:

if isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creeper.x, creepers.y, 400) then actions.face( self, { target = player, rate = facing } ) actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = speed } ) else actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = 0 } ) end

I was thinking of simply calling it directly, and did this (and get the error):

if math2d.isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creepers[i].x, creepers[i].y, 400) --- error 'math2d' nil 

Cheers,

Santi

You’re missing the ssk in every statement you listed…

if isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creeper.x, creepers.y, 400) then ssk.actions.face( self, { target = player, rate = facing } ) ssk.actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = speed } ) else ssk.actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = 0 } ) end if ssk.math2d.isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creepers[i].x, creepers[i].y, 400)

Note: All of these functions have examples in the docs:

Just remember, everything lives under ssk.*

Precisely!!  I just got it figured out  :)  :)    (my bad)

SSK is an awesome piece of work.  Minutes after downloading it, I already came up with a game idea with its host of rich functions.

MANY THANKS!!

Santi

You’re welcome.   Good luck with your development and happy coding!

I really need to see your code, but this is generally the way I localize math functions in a module …

1. Follow these directions to add ssk2 to your main.lua file:  https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/#installing-ssk2

2. A sample module with math2d localized

– ============================================================= – someModule.lua – ============================================================= – ============================================================= – Localizations – ============================================================= – -- SSK 2D Math Library local addVec = ssk.math2d.add;local subVec = ssk.math2d.sub;local diffVec = ssk.math2d.diff local lenVec = ssk.math2d.length;local len2Vec = ssk.math2d.length2; local normVec = ssk.math2d.normalize;local vector2Angle = ssk.math2d.vector2Angle local angle2Vector = ssk.math2d.angle2Vector;local scaleVec = ssk.math2d.scale – ============================================================= – Module Begins – ============================================================= local someModule = {} function someModule.test() local vec = angle2Vector( 45, true ) table.dump(vec) end return someModule

To test it

Then in main.lua you could do this:

local works = require "someModule" works.test()

Hi Ed,

I tried and figured i need to declare the function like this: 

local isWithinDistance = ssk.math2d.isWithinDistance 

before I can use it, like so:

if isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creeper.x, creepers.y, 400) then actions.face( self, { target = player, rate = facing } ) actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = speed } ) else actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = 0 } ) end

I was thinking of simply calling it directly, and did this (and get the error):

if math2d.isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creepers[i].x, creepers[i].y, 400) --- error 'math2d' nil 

Cheers,

Santi

You’re missing the ssk in every statement you listed…

if isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creeper.x, creepers.y, 400) then ssk.actions.face( self, { target = player, rate = facing } ) ssk.actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = speed } ) else ssk.actions.movep.forward( self, { rate = 0 } ) end if ssk.math2d.isWithinDistance(player.x, player.y, creepers[i].x, creepers[i].y, 400)

Note: All of these functions have examples in the docs:

Just remember, everything lives under ssk.*

Precisely!!  I just got it figured out  :)  :)    (my bad)

SSK is an awesome piece of work.  Minutes after downloading it, I already came up with a game idea with its host of rich functions.

MANY THANKS!!

Santi

You’re welcome.   Good luck with your development and happy coding!