[ST 2] Problem changing simulator path

Hi All,

When I want to run any project trough Sublime Text 2 in the new Corona Editor Panel, I get a error message telling me that the software cannot find the Simulator.

Witch is normal because I didn’t install the SDK in the default path.

So I went to edit the Corona Editor.sublime-settings file and added this line:

"corona\_sdk\_simulator\_path": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Corona SDK\\Corona Simulator.exe",

I precise that I’m on Windows (8.1), hence the double backslashes \ as precised in the comment before the line:

// Set this to the path of your Corona Simulator if it's not installed // in the default location for your operating system (remember to double // backslashes in Windows' paths) "corona\_sdk\_simulator\_path": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Corona SDK\\Corona Simulator.exe",

I then saved the file and restarted ST2, but I still get the exact same error message with the default path instead of the new path.

I tried everything, taking off the quotes, the “Corona Simulator.exe” part, still nothing.

Any idea?

Note that currently only the Corona Editor > Run Project command uses “corona_sdk_simulator_path”.  

Thanks for answering,

I tried this command but get the same error message as every other.

The Corona Editor.sublime-settings file I edited is located at:

C:\Users\msi-\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Corona Editor

and here its full content:

// Corona Editor default settings { // If you don't like Corona Editor's completion you can turn it off // entirely using this preference. "corona\_sdk\_completion": true, // Set to "false" to turn off "fuzzy completion" and just complete based // on the characters typed so far as a prefix. "corona\_sdk\_use\_fuzzy\_completion": true, // Corona Editor turns off the special meaning of periods as "word // separators" in Sublime Text to make Corona completions work better. If // you like to use cursor movement keys like "Alt+Arrow" to move to the // periods in function calls you might want to turn this off. The most // obvious effect of turning it off is that when you type a period all the // completions disappear until you type another character. "corona\_sdk\_complete\_periods": true, // Set this to the path of your Corona Simulator if it's not installed // in the default location for your operating system (remember to double // backslashes in Windows' paths) "corona\_sdk\_simulator\_path": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Corona SDK\\Corona Simulator.exe", // If you set this to "true" the Sublime Text "build" command will be // issued any time you save a Lua file. "corona\_sdk\_auto\_build": false, // Choose which documentation set you want to use. Can be one of // "public" (the default), "legacy" or "daily". "corona\_sdk\_use\_docset": "public" }

Maybe that can help?

I had this problem, then happened upon this post - http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/42364-setting-preferences-in-corona-editor-10/

basically use Preferences > Settings - User rather than Preferences > Package Settiings > Corona Editor, just stick a comma on the end of the last entry and copy your line out of your Corona Editor.sublime-settings file.  Mine looks like this now and is a lot happier:

{ "color\_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Twilight.tmTheme", "ignored\_packages": ["Vintage"], "corona\_sdk\_simulator\_path": "D:\\code\\CoronaSdk\\Corona Simulator.exe" }

Well done Sam Burns!!

This is working now. Thanks a mil my friend!  :slight_smile:

np :slight_smile:  Hope it works out well for you.

Note that currently only the Corona Editor > Run Project command uses “corona_sdk_simulator_path”.  

Thanks for answering,

I tried this command but get the same error message as every other.

The Corona Editor.sublime-settings file I edited is located at:

C:\Users\msi-\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Corona Editor

and here its full content:

// Corona Editor default settings { // If you don't like Corona Editor's completion you can turn it off // entirely using this preference. "corona\_sdk\_completion": true, // Set to "false" to turn off "fuzzy completion" and just complete based // on the characters typed so far as a prefix. "corona\_sdk\_use\_fuzzy\_completion": true, // Corona Editor turns off the special meaning of periods as "word // separators" in Sublime Text to make Corona completions work better. If // you like to use cursor movement keys like "Alt+Arrow" to move to the // periods in function calls you might want to turn this off. The most // obvious effect of turning it off is that when you type a period all the // completions disappear until you type another character. "corona\_sdk\_complete\_periods": true, // Set this to the path of your Corona Simulator if it's not installed // in the default location for your operating system (remember to double // backslashes in Windows' paths) "corona\_sdk\_simulator\_path": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Corona SDK\\Corona Simulator.exe", // If you set this to "true" the Sublime Text "build" command will be // issued any time you save a Lua file. "corona\_sdk\_auto\_build": false, // Choose which documentation set you want to use. Can be one of // "public" (the default), "legacy" or "daily". "corona\_sdk\_use\_docset": "public" }

Maybe that can help?

I had this problem, then happened upon this post - http://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/42364-setting-preferences-in-corona-editor-10/

basically use Preferences > Settings - User rather than Preferences > Package Settiings > Corona Editor, just stick a comma on the end of the last entry and copy your line out of your Corona Editor.sublime-settings file.  Mine looks like this now and is a lot happier:

{ "color\_scheme": "Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Twilight.tmTheme", "ignored\_packages": ["Vintage"], "corona\_sdk\_simulator\_path": "D:\\code\\CoronaSdk\\Corona Simulator.exe" }

Well done Sam Burns!!

This is working now. Thanks a mil my friend!  :slight_smile:

np :slight_smile:  Hope it works out well for you.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much