Starting my corona blitz here...

Four hours of distracting me from making real money. dumbest idea ever! I hatez u Tyr! /shakesFist

but its good to be my own boss… So lets waste some time

ok… will update here…

started 15 minutes ago at 9am Central Time

omg. in 59 minutes I have done nothing but try to find a correct cable, look up that my wacom tablet is screwed and that nothing online can fix the old thing. Have to go to the store. GameJam Time Out!

Haha, nice!  Looking forward to your entry!

My entry doesnt exist!  My tablet finally gave out and I spent all my time driving to the store to buy another one.

I hate the Corona game jams, i always do so poorly on them. They make me angry.  I guess I take more of my time on stuff and dont do things in tiny spurts after a day job. :( I Dont know, whatever it is, I am forever cursed on these.

Also the idea of gitHub is a total turnoff. Took me long enough to join the website, and I am still not clear how to download things.

Bummer man.  I think I’ll (or some volunteer) should put together a “Surviving CoronaBlitz” Guide that goes through all the stuff from GitHub, to other helpful tools, utilities to download.  Thanks for trying!

At least you got a new tablet :slight_smile:

I still got 11 minutes left!!!

ok now i lost. lol

This reminded me: I don’t use Git normally so I was just going to post my main.lua onto GitHub as a Gist, is that ok?

I’m considering myself as a starter on game development, but not in coding contests(something slightly more than starter ^^u). But at least for me:

Rule number X: Sleep and eat well before the contest.

Rule number X+1: Prepare and test all the tools that your are going to use

Rule number X+2: Prioritize all your tasks and skip them based on this priority

Rule number X+3: Temporary patches are permitted if they saves you time

Rule number X+4: Before the contest, try to think what kind of visuals/type of game you would like and make sure that at least you suspect how to develop this kind of visuals/type (8bit,sound based game, physics,etc)

Rule number X+4: While possible, go outside some minutes to buy a chocolate,talk to someone, quick nap, etc. Sometimes, the best ideas comes outside the programming

Rule number X+3: If you ran out of ideas, use the power of ridiculousness, crazy events, a crazy story, and things like that.

Sure, at the time it seemed like GitHub would be the easiest way to share/post the code.

omg. in 59 minutes I have done nothing but try to find a correct cable, look up that my wacom tablet is screwed and that nothing online can fix the old thing. Have to go to the store. GameJam Time Out!

Haha, nice!  Looking forward to your entry!

My entry doesnt exist!  My tablet finally gave out and I spent all my time driving to the store to buy another one.

I hate the Corona game jams, i always do so poorly on them. They make me angry.  I guess I take more of my time on stuff and dont do things in tiny spurts after a day job. :( I Dont know, whatever it is, I am forever cursed on these.

Also the idea of gitHub is a total turnoff. Took me long enough to join the website, and I am still not clear how to download things.

Bummer man.  I think I’ll (or some volunteer) should put together a “Surviving CoronaBlitz” Guide that goes through all the stuff from GitHub, to other helpful tools, utilities to download.  Thanks for trying!

At least you got a new tablet :slight_smile:

I still got 11 minutes left!!!

ok now i lost. lol

This reminded me: I don’t use Git normally so I was just going to post my main.lua onto GitHub as a Gist, is that ok?

I’m considering myself as a starter on game development, but not in coding contests(something slightly more than starter ^^u). But at least for me:

Rule number X: Sleep and eat well before the contest.

Rule number X+1: Prepare and test all the tools that your are going to use

Rule number X+2: Prioritize all your tasks and skip them based on this priority

Rule number X+3: Temporary patches are permitted if they saves you time

Rule number X+4: Before the contest, try to think what kind of visuals/type of game you would like and make sure that at least you suspect how to develop this kind of visuals/type (8bit,sound based game, physics,etc)

Rule number X+4: While possible, go outside some minutes to buy a chocolate,talk to someone, quick nap, etc. Sometimes, the best ideas comes outside the programming

Rule number X+3: If you ran out of ideas, use the power of ridiculousness, crazy events, a crazy story, and things like that.

Sure, at the time it seemed like GitHub would be the easiest way to share/post the code.