startup of live build version of app loses permission requests

It appears that the start-stop-restart-stop-restart pattern of a live build does not display the dialog requesting permissions - specifically, in my case, notifications if I start the app via a custom url.  If I start the app directly from the icon, I get a single flash on-off-on, and then see all permission requests.  Logcat has some entries showing notifications turned off - a result from not giving permission.  Starting from the icon, however, initially shows the notifications - off, but then shows the messages turning them on once the allow is tapped.

Building the app without live builds operates properly from the custom url - first showing the permission request and then subsequent notifications.  

I believe that the permissions dialog is queued to display, but then the app is killed and restarted, leaving the permissions set as off.

correct?

thanks

Dave

You’re correct. I would suggest launching the app once to ask for permissions and synchronize it first time. Live builds may not behave ideally with start parameters due to it’s design.

Thanks, @vlads

BTW, Live Builds has been a lifesaver.  I’m working with GPS and Maps and the pre-live builds process of build-move-set-configure went from about 45 minutes each to just show me the darn thing.   Please pass along many thanks to the engineers behind it.

Dave

You’re correct. I would suggest launching the app once to ask for permissions and synchronize it first time. Live builds may not behave ideally with start parameters due to it’s design.

Thanks, @vlads

BTW, Live Builds has been a lifesaver.  I’m working with GPS and Maps and the pre-live builds process of build-move-set-configure went from about 45 minutes each to just show me the darn thing.   Please pass along many thanks to the engineers behind it.

Dave