Stbility issues with NVIDIA driver on Steam

I did get this message for my latest game check from Steam:
“Caution: We are seeing stability issues in your game when running the latest drivers on our NVIDIA GPUs. We strongly recommend you update your graphics drivers to the latest version and look into these crashes prior to officially releasing.”

I did use an older build from the end of last year. Now I wonder if this is a known issue and was “fixed” with a new build from 2024?

Any help welcome. Thank you!

Hello,

It’s possible the stability issues you’re experiencing with your game are related to outdated NVIDIA drivers. Here’s how to approach this:

Check for Driver Updates:
Download and install the latest NVIDIA drivers from their official website: Official Drivers | NVIDIA.
During installation, make sure to perform a “clean install” which removes any leftover files from previous versions. This can help avoid conflicts.

Investigate Known Issues:
Search online forums and resources like the NVIDIA HealthCareGov website or Steam discussions for your specific game title and “NVIDIA driver issues.” You might find others encountering similar problems and potential solutions.

Consider Downgrading Drivers (if necessary):
If updating the drivers doesn’t resolve the issue, and if you can identify the specific driver version that caused problems according to your research, you can consider temporarily downgrading to that version.
Here are some additional tips:

Report the Issue: If you can’t find a solution, consider reporting the issue to both Steam Support and NVIDIA Support. This can help them identify and address the problem in future updates.
Check Game Updates: Make sure your game itself is up-to-date. Developers often release patches that fix compatibility issues with drivers.

By following these steps, you should be able to determine if the new driver updates address the stability issues in your game. If not, downgrading temporarily or waiting for further updates from the game developer or NVIDIA might be necessary.

I hope the information may helps you.

1 Like