storyboards question about groups

I am attempting to use storyboard scenes to switch images and have a question.

To select the appropriate scene, I have a widget.newTableView and the examples show a widgetgroup defined with all the lines of the table in the group.

To do a scene, you need to create a scene group and put all objects in that scene group.

Can you put the widgetgroup inside the scene group or should I put the widget items in the scene group?

Thanks!
stu [import]uid: 99429 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 336476[/import]

Yes, you can put groups inside of groups. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 144740[/import]

Yes, you can put groups inside of groups. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 144740[/import]

Rob,

Can I ask a question or two about your table save and restore code?

If you try to read a table that does not exist, your loadtable function returns nil which zaps the table that might have existed before the load table call.

from what I read in the CSDK docs, the pathForFile function will return nil if the file does not exist.

Perhaps there should be a test at that point to prevent it from reading a non-existent file, and wiping out the table?

Thanks!
stu [import]uid: 99429 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 145700[/import]

Feel free to adapt the code as you see. The way I thought about it is that I only need to load the table once and that’s at app start up time when the table is nil anyway. After that the table stays in memory and you do periodic saves in case the app exits for some reason (user shutdown, crash, power off, etc). It really wasn’t conceived for incremental loading. If the table missing and I load it, I want my table to be nil. And if I were to use it that way, I would return the table or nil to a temporary variable and check it to see if it’s not nil and if not, copy the contents. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 145703[/import]

Rob,

Can I ask a question or two about your table save and restore code?

If you try to read a table that does not exist, your loadtable function returns nil which zaps the table that might have existed before the load table call.

from what I read in the CSDK docs, the pathForFile function will return nil if the file does not exist.

Perhaps there should be a test at that point to prevent it from reading a non-existent file, and wiping out the table?

Thanks!
stu [import]uid: 99429 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 145700[/import]

Feel free to adapt the code as you see. The way I thought about it is that I only need to load the table once and that’s at app start up time when the table is nil anyway. After that the table stays in memory and you do periodic saves in case the app exits for some reason (user shutdown, crash, power off, etc). It really wasn’t conceived for incremental loading. If the table missing and I load it, I want my table to be nil. And if I were to use it that way, I would return the table or nil to a temporary variable and check it to see if it’s not nil and if not, copy the contents. [import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 36476 reply_id: 145703[/import]