Strange scrollview issue on Android

In my game I have a group that I insert items into and then I insert that group into a scrollview. When building the app using the regular corona sdk build it works fine. Howerver on corona cards it will not scroll the whole way it maybe scrolls 1/10 of the distance it should. From the docs it seems as though the scrollview should update the scrollHeight when items are inserted into it if I’m not mistaken? Anyways I thought okay easy enough I will just do the following when I define the scrollview

scrollHeight = group.height

This should set the scrollHeight of the scrollview to that of the height of my group right? Well that didn’t work either and still only scrolling like 1/10 of the distance it should be. Does anyone have any ideas?

Turns out I’m just an idiot. I was grabbing the height of the wrong group. My first question still applies though…outside of corona cards if I insert something into an empty scrollview the scrollHeight will change to the size of the inserted object. Is this supposed to be how it works, if so that’s a bug that isn’t in corona cards android. 

CoronaCards should be using the same widget library as Corona SDK as long you’re using the same release.  I know a scrollView bug was fixed today, so you might want to make sure your Corona SDK and CoronaCards are both updated after the next daily build.

Rob

Turns out I’m just an idiot. I was grabbing the height of the wrong group. My first question still applies though…outside of corona cards if I insert something into an empty scrollview the scrollHeight will change to the size of the inserted object. Is this supposed to be how it works, if so that’s a bug that isn’t in corona cards android. 

CoronaCards should be using the same widget library as Corona SDK as long you’re using the same release.  I know a scrollView bug was fixed today, so you might want to make sure your Corona SDK and CoronaCards are both updated after the next daily build.

Rob

Hi, 

I also observed one issue with Android-Corona cards. I tested one scrollview demo , it was working fine on corona-simulator as well working fine with android device , if I build with Corona-sdk. 

But , when I build this sample with “coronacards”. It is not working fine.

Actually, on horizontal scrolling , touch.event automatically showing “cancel” phase.

I guess this is a “touch” related issue with coronacards-Android. If you drag vertically its working fine but horizontally , touch event going cancelled automatically.

Hi, 

I also observed one issue with Android-Corona cards. I tested one scrollview demo , it was working fine on corona-simulator as well working fine with android device , if I build with Corona-sdk. 

But , when I build this sample with “coronacards”. It is not working fine.

Actually, on horizontal scrolling , touch.event automatically showing “cancel” phase.

I guess this is a “touch” related issue with coronacards-Android. If you drag vertically its working fine but horizontally , touch event going cancelled automatically.