Streaming Audio from Remote Location

All of the threads I’ve found on this seem to be from a while back so I just thought I’d check in to see if there is any update on this.

Is there any way to easily stream audio from a URL? I’m building a professional app that requires the ability to stream audio from a website. The only way I’ve found to do it is with the “media.playVideo” method which isn’t awful, but doesn’t quite meet my needs. This opens in a full blank screen (since there’s no actual video associated with it). What I’d really like to do is have the audio play inside of UI without having to completely navigate away from it. The past threads I’ve seen say there is no way to do this, but I thought I would check in to see if there was any update released for this or if anybody had come up with a creative solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! [import]uid: 172008 topic_id: 31801 reply_id: 331801[/import]

Im also in the same situation. Anyone have news? [import]uid: 123238 topic_id: 31801 reply_id: 127082[/import]

I haven’t solved the problem yet, but if you happen to come up with anything please drop me a line. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 172008 topic_id: 31801 reply_id: 127154[/import]

Im also in the same situation. Anyone have news? [import]uid: 123238 topic_id: 31801 reply_id: 127082[/import]

I haven’t solved the problem yet, but if you happen to come up with anything please drop me a line. :slight_smile: [import]uid: 172008 topic_id: 31801 reply_id: 127154[/import]

These are all old, but I have the same problem. Solved by using native.newVideo, which allows streaming of a remote sound or video file.

That sounds great, but I have a new problem. With the video, I cannot control channels independently. I cannot even see which channels are used. So is it true that I cannot stream a remote audio and also control the channel volumes separately?

I have complex sound files, made for surround sound (using AirPods), but with the ability of the user to silence or enhance certain channels. I don’t see a way to do that with the video player.