Stuck partial wake locks (background)

Hi,

I have re-build my games with Corona 2018.3311 because of GDPR. Now for all my games in Google Play Developer Console under Android vitals section I see Bad behavior flag for Stuck partial wake locks (background).

When I run in console command: adb shell dumpsys power | grep -i wake , I can see AudioMix process which is not killed after games are closed or minimized (on some devices it is killed on some not).  

We think this is Corona problem and it is somehow urgent to fix this problem, since Bad behavior flag affect games ranking on Google Play. We thought that this problem is fixed in 3311 (in notes under Daily Build it is stated > Android: Suspending audio thread in background), but this is not the case.

When do you think Corona can fix the problem?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Primoz

I’m asking engineering to look into this.

Rob

@mimoz can you share an .apk  with your game ? I could not reproduce the issue and hoping your .apk will help to fix the issue.

Hi,

I have send you pm regarding this issue.

Thank you!

Best,

Primoz

Hello!

This issue seems to be resolved in latest daily builds. Note, that google play console takes a long time to update it’s “Vitals”. Even if it says that “reports” are for specific build, it is not always the case.

We have several developers tested a fix in daily builds and all of them got “Bad Behaviour” cleared and Wake Locks 0%. Problem is it took between 3 and 5 days for Google Play to actually update it’s vitals. I would recommend to use latest daily build.

Thank you for your patience.

wow great job!!!

Hi Vlads;

I did some app updates in early June ( Corona Build 3310) and I am seeing this “Stuck partial wake locks (background)” go through the roof. So I am assuming that “Latest Daily Builds” in your post above was after build 3310. Could you give an exact build number where the fix happened?

Also, I had an observant app user e-mail me with this:

“I think there may be a glitch on the last release; when I leave the app and do something else on my phone I am unable to change the volume of the phone ringer. The volume control is stuck on media volume. If I kill the app, I can then change the phone ringer volume again.”

In your opinion, is this probably (or definitely) related?

Thanks;

Steve

P.S. Greg Brady. If you are still watching this post, have you updated your app and seen this go away? Thanks.

@sbullock, I would use at least 2018.3316 or later.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Will do.

Steve

I can also confirm that the problem is fixed. It may take up to 14 days for bad behaviour to disappear from android vitals.

Thank you Vlads and Rob

I’m asking engineering to look into this.

Rob

@mimoz can you share an .apk  with your game ? I could not reproduce the issue and hoping your .apk will help to fix the issue.

Hi,

I have send you pm regarding this issue.

Thank you!

Best,

Primoz

Hello!

This issue seems to be resolved in latest daily builds. Note, that google play console takes a long time to update it’s “Vitals”. Even if it says that “reports” are for specific build, it is not always the case.

We have several developers tested a fix in daily builds and all of them got “Bad Behaviour” cleared and Wake Locks 0%. Problem is it took between 3 and 5 days for Google Play to actually update it’s vitals. I would recommend to use latest daily build.

Thank you for your patience.

wow great job!!!

Hi Vlads;

I did some app updates in early June ( Corona Build 3310) and I am seeing this “Stuck partial wake locks (background)” go through the roof. So I am assuming that “Latest Daily Builds” in your post above was after build 3310. Could you give an exact build number where the fix happened?

Also, I had an observant app user e-mail me with this:

“I think there may be a glitch on the last release; when I leave the app and do something else on my phone I am unable to change the volume of the phone ringer. The volume control is stuck on media volume. If I kill the app, I can then change the phone ringer volume again.”

In your opinion, is this probably (or definitely) related?

Thanks;

Steve

P.S. Greg Brady. If you are still watching this post, have you updated your app and seen this go away? Thanks.

@sbullock, I would use at least 2018.3316 or later.

Rob

Thanks Rob. Will do.

Steve

I can also confirm that the problem is fixed. It may take up to 14 days for bad behaviour to disappear from android vitals.

Thank you Vlads and Rob