Super Speed Shot Deluxe - Beta Release

Hi everyone!

I recently pushed my first Android game to an open beta release on Google Play and I’d love to hear what you think. 

About the game:

Super Speed Shot Deluxe (SSSD) is a 2D, minimalist, endless runner game. The core mechanic that sets it apart from other endless runners is that time slows down any time you’re touching the screen. This can be extremely helpful for taking time to plan your next move or for lining up tricky shots. Along the way you can collect coins to boost your score and power ups that give you different abilities.

The coins you collect while playing can be exchanged for new skins, backgrounds, and to unlock advanced power ups. Currently there are over 60 skins for the ball, about 30 background options, and 18 power ups you can unlock and upgrade.

The endless level you play is quasi-randomly generated (there are predefined “chunks” that are randomly chosen and added on to the end of the level). Also, there are no ads in the game (since I hate watching ads myself), but there are in-app purchases for visual upgrades. Anything you can pay to unlock you can also unlock though simply playing the game.

Here’s Google Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mail.timhicks.Super_Speed_Shot_Deluxe

All feedback is welcome, no matter how critical it is – I’m simply here to learn and improve. I’m also happy to answer any questions about the design or development if you’re interested. 

And finally, just wanted to add a huge Thank You to everyone on the forums that has unknowingly helped me learn and grow over the past few years, while I’ve slowly learned the Corona framework and how to code in general. I’ve wanted to make and release a game for nearly a decade now and I genuinely couldn’t have gotten this far without these forums.  :slight_smile:

It looks great, congrats!

Thanks @sporkfin! It took a few months to build but overall I’m pretty happy with the result.

It looks great. I played it and liked it. I’ll give you a nice review (when it is possible). My only suggesting is to release it. Let it be free. It is good enough and better than many apps on the market.

Thanks @agramonte, I’m glad you liked it and I’m flattered you’d be willing to give it a nice review. 

I’m working on flushing out the final assets for the play store and trying to crank out a few more skins and obstacles before I release it. I spent the past few days implementing and debugging leaderboards through google play services, so that’s one more item off the checklist.

Hopefully I’ll be able to push it fully live within the next week or so… I’m just a bit of a perfectionist.

Thanks again for your kind words!

It looks great, congrats!

Thanks @sporkfin! It took a few months to build but overall I’m pretty happy with the result.

It looks great. I played it and liked it. I’ll give you a nice review (when it is possible). My only suggesting is to release it. Let it be free. It is good enough and better than many apps on the market.

Thanks @agramonte, I’m glad you liked it and I’m flattered you’d be willing to give it a nice review. 

I’m working on flushing out the final assets for the play store and trying to crank out a few more skins and obstacles before I release it. I spent the past few days implementing and debugging leaderboards through google play services, so that’s one more item off the checklist.

Hopefully I’ll be able to push it fully live within the next week or so… I’m just a bit of a perfectionist.

Thanks again for your kind words!