swap a 2nd application in for use with CoronaViewer - best way to do this?

Any advice re the best way to swap Application B which you are working on in for use with CoronaViewer?  That is on the assumption that you have Application A sitting there currently under ~/Apps/CoronaViewer.

I’ve had some issues trying including:

- if you rename the “CoronaViewer” folder it seems to take the link to the directory your iPhone with corona viewer will use to synch with dropbox, so not sure swapping apps in/out by renaming/moving directories is the best

- also have had some troubles with the GIT repository when I copy at the file level

Regards

Greg

Hi found out, with great surprise, that CoronaViewer is supporting project folders and you can easily switch between these folders from within the CoronaViewer app itself.

Just put your project(s) in different folder(s) inside the Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer/

then launch CoronaViewer and tap with four fingers together.

A popup appears allowing you to either relaunch or select the project folder and voila’. it works.

I haven’t found this infos anywhere in the documentation or in the forum.

I hope this might help

G.

Let’s say more.

I tried building another CoronaViewer App, with a different config.lua and copied on my old iPhone

It synced correctly (took a while but I was on 3G) with the same Dropbox account and now I can test different projects with different configurationsdirectly on device.

Last but not least, I do not copy my project folders inside the Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer.

I just create symbolic links inside the Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer that point to the project folder in it’s original location and this also works perfectly.

It seems huge to me, I wonder why I did not find any mention of it anywhere…

Ciao

G.

fantastic stuff!  I like even the last idea (that didn’t occur to me) re symbolic links…

Should be mentioned in the doco I agree

I’ve had a few issues yesterday with this setup:

I launched one of my CoronaViewer apps on a project which had errors (a missing image file).

Then, anytime I relaunched the CoronaViewer app, after fixing the issue in my code, it exited immediately, with no way to refresh the project and reload the fixed code. I deleted the app and reinstalled it on device.

After reinstalling, it asked me to sync with dropbox but, when I allowed it to do so, another copy of CoronaViewer (built  with different settings) was started instead of the desired one.

In the end i removed all the copies of CoronaViewer and now I am keeping only one on the iPhone for testing.

I’ll try again to see what happens.

Just another note. If you use symlinks, be careful not to share the folder in dropbox with someone else. If someone you share the folder with deletes something, you’ll end up with the original files deleted on your side…

Having project folder support in Corona viewer is fantastic.

Especially being able to symlink projects in… saves breaking source control.

Thanks for pointing this out! :slight_smile:

Hi found out, with great surprise, that CoronaViewer is supporting project folders and you can easily switch between these folders from within the CoronaViewer app itself.

Just put your project(s) in different folder(s) inside the Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer/

then launch CoronaViewer and tap with four fingers together.

A popup appears allowing you to either relaunch or select the project folder and voila’. it works.

I haven’t found this infos anywhere in the documentation or in the forum.

I hope this might help

G.

Let’s say more.

I tried building another CoronaViewer App, with a different config.lua and copied on my old iPhone

It synced correctly (took a while but I was on 3G) with the same Dropbox account and now I can test different projects with different configurationsdirectly on device.

Last but not least, I do not copy my project folders inside the Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer.

I just create symbolic links inside the Dropbox/Apps/CoronaViewer that point to the project folder in it’s original location and this also works perfectly.

It seems huge to me, I wonder why I did not find any mention of it anywhere…

Ciao

G.

fantastic stuff!  I like even the last idea (that didn’t occur to me) re symbolic links…

Should be mentioned in the doco I agree

I’ve had a few issues yesterday with this setup:

I launched one of my CoronaViewer apps on a project which had errors (a missing image file).

Then, anytime I relaunched the CoronaViewer app, after fixing the issue in my code, it exited immediately, with no way to refresh the project and reload the fixed code. I deleted the app and reinstalled it on device.

After reinstalling, it asked me to sync with dropbox but, when I allowed it to do so, another copy of CoronaViewer (built  with different settings) was started instead of the desired one.

In the end i removed all the copies of CoronaViewer and now I am keeping only one on the iPhone for testing.

I’ll try again to see what happens.

Just another note. If you use symlinks, be careful not to share the folder in dropbox with someone else. If someone you share the folder with deletes something, you’ll end up with the original files deleted on your side…

Having project folder support in Corona viewer is fantastic.

Especially being able to symlink projects in… saves breaking source control.

Thanks for pointing this out! :slight_smile: