system.vibrate() not working on android even though vibrate permission is enabled

android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.INTERNET", "android.permission.VIBRATE", }, },

My issue is that whenever I try to run system.vibrate() in my scene code, I get an error message saying that it requires the security permission, even though I already have the permission enabled in my build.settings, as seen above. Any idea what the fix is? I am running Corona 2018.3223 on windows 10. My android phone is running Android 7.0

The error says java.lang.SecurityException: Requires VIBRATE permission

Android 7 introduced on-demand permissions.  I don’t know if vibrate is one you have to explicitly ask for or not.

Look at our sample apps in Corona/SampleCode/Media/Camera to see how we ask for permissions to access the camera and see if you need to do the same thing for vibrate.

Rob

The only problem is that system.vibrate was working back when I was running Corona.2017.3189, however, now that I am running Corona 2018.3223, the system. vibrate is not working properly. I did check the sample code, and this is what it reads. 

android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.CAMERA", "android.permission.WRITE\_EXTERNAL\_STORAGE", }, usesFeatures = { { name = "android.hardware.camera", required = true }, { name = "android.hardware.camera.front", required = false }, }, },

Is this an issue with my Android phone or with Corona?

Android 7 introduced on-demand permissions.  I don’t know if vibrate is one you have to explicitly ask for or not.

Look at our sample apps in Corona/SampleCode/Media/Camera to see how we ask for permissions to access the camera and see if you need to do the same thing for vibrate.

Rob

The only problem is that system.vibrate was working back when I was running Corona.2017.3189, however, now that I am running Corona 2018.3223, the system. vibrate is not working properly. I did check the sample code, and this is what it reads. 

android = { usesPermissions = { "android.permission.CAMERA", "android.permission.WRITE\_EXTERNAL\_STORAGE", }, usesFeatures = { { name = "android.hardware.camera", required = true }, { name = "android.hardware.camera.front", required = false }, }, },

Is this an issue with my Android phone or with Corona?