TableView Scrollbar not shown?

Hey, fellas. Is it just me or does the scrollbar not show up at all for a tableview widget?  I only just started using it (everything else has been custom scrollViews), and there is an option:

hideScrollBar

which I have explicitly set to false, even though it’s supposed to be the default, but the scrollbar still does not show up in the Simulator (OS X 10.10.5) or on my iPhone 6 (8.4.1).

It doesn’t show up for me in the WidgetDemo sample either.

Do you *have* to create a custom scrollbar for this to work? I have not tried that because I thought there was one by default.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Which version of Corona are you using? I seem to recall that this issue was fixed in a daily build a month or so back…

Brent

Sorry, I forgot to include that.  Daily Build 2697.

Thanks,

Dave

I am running a Daily Build I just downloaded (2707) and I am still seeing no scrollbars in TableViews.  I noticed the problem in 2697 and upgraded after seeing this message.

This is pretty important to me as I have a very long tableview which I need users to be able to quickly navigate. 

Any word on this, Brent?

2697 will show a custom scrollbar - but only when actually in the scroll.  once done, it disappears.  using a custom style sheet, I’ve only been able to get it to show a very thin vertical line.  appears to be the same width regardless of resolution set in the simulator.

Ah yes, now that I look close, there is a barely-visible (1 pixel perhaps?) line which moves up and down while the tableview scrolls.  It’s impossible to interact with.

Hmm… I can’t get it to show a scrollbar at all. I’m scrolling up/down, up/down on my iPhone 6 and on the OSX simulator, and I can’t even see the 1px line…

Also, if you do the widget demo, choose iOS7+, and do you see it then?  I have not tried that on my device, but on the Corona OSX simulator, I cannot see a scrollbar. If I choose one of the Android themes, I see it.

Thanks,

Dave

OK, I can’t see anything in the widget demo in 2697, but I can see a small scrollbar (bigger than the 1px one I was seeing in my own project) in the widget demo on 2707.

Dumb question perhaps – is the scrollbar supposed to be big enough that it’s possible to interact with it, or is it just a visual indicator of scroll position? 

Hi Dave,

Which version of Corona are you using? I seem to recall that this issue was fixed in a daily build a month or so back…

Brent

Sorry, I forgot to include that.  Daily Build 2697.

Thanks,

Dave

I am running a Daily Build I just downloaded (2707) and I am still seeing no scrollbars in TableViews.  I noticed the problem in 2697 and upgraded after seeing this message.

This is pretty important to me as I have a very long tableview which I need users to be able to quickly navigate. 

Any word on this, Brent?

2697 will show a custom scrollbar - but only when actually in the scroll.  once done, it disappears.  using a custom style sheet, I’ve only been able to get it to show a very thin vertical line.  appears to be the same width regardless of resolution set in the simulator.

Ah yes, now that I look close, there is a barely-visible (1 pixel perhaps?) line which moves up and down while the tableview scrolls.  It’s impossible to interact with.

Hmm… I can’t get it to show a scrollbar at all. I’m scrolling up/down, up/down on my iPhone 6 and on the OSX simulator, and I can’t even see the 1px line…

Also, if you do the widget demo, choose iOS7+, and do you see it then?  I have not tried that on my device, but on the Corona OSX simulator, I cannot see a scrollbar. If I choose one of the Android themes, I see it.

Thanks,

Dave

OK, I can’t see anything in the widget demo in 2697, but I can see a small scrollbar (bigger than the 1px one I was seeing in my own project) in the widget demo on 2707.

Dumb question perhaps – is the scrollbar supposed to be big enough that it’s possible to interact with it, or is it just a visual indicator of scroll position? 

This is an old thread but I have the same problem – tiny 1-2px grey line scrollbar – in build 3607, but the build does not make any difference. Putting in a custom scrollbar makes no difference, no matter how big I make the spritesheet.

So I made my own scrollbar, but am very confused by getContentPosition. I can use the number, but only if I know the max of the number, and that changes in an odd way for different devices. For example, the max of that number is larger on iPhone than on iPad (I am using landscape), not correlated in an obvious way with screen resolution, not predictable by any formula I can come up with. Similarly with the amount of content I put in, no formula I can figure out between different amounts of content.

All padding is set to 0 as required.

Is this a known problem? Is there any way to get the scrollbar to show up with a reasonable width?