We are having an issue with the Tableview occasionally scrolling in the opposite direction that the user desired. Especially on very long lists. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 swipes to scroll up on the tableview… Usually only after it has reached the bottom of the list by going in the wrong direction. Is this a known issue?
Can you give me some more information? Which Build of Corona? And also, can you post the basic code that you’re using for the widget? Just the essential code please: the configuration and declaration of the widget itself.
I think I’ve seen that. I “fixed” it by racheting up the friction so it scrolled slower. For me that worked because in that app I only ever have a few dozen rows in the list, but if you had a few hundred it might not be a workable solution.
The scrolling backwards seems to be fixed. Thanks. However the behavior of the tableview seems to be a little bit wonky. We are still trying to figure it out and will report back soon.
It seems that the new isBounceEnabled property implementation in 1149 seems to be causing problems. The first time you load a tabelview object the bounce does not work, when that object gets refreshed it may work… Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. This is a significant problem for us since we do a pull down to refresh on our home scene and this no longer works reliably. This happens across all platforms…
@mike: Just tried recreating, seems to work. Are you using the isBounceEnabled in the initializer set to a value, or are you letting it out? Can i see some code, please? Maybe fill in a quick bug report?
I tried it both with and without .isBounceEnabled set ( and with it set to false as well as true… The behavior seems to be the same regardless. I tried it on the another table view and whether it is set to true or false I got bounce… What is the expected behavior, and is it implemented correctly below?
Please try to set this property “inline” (within the widget declaration, like the other properties) instead of doing it post-creation. That should effect the change you desire. This will be documented in the daily docs in the next couple days.
I put the property inline and it still does not seem to effect the outcome at all… Same Thing… The first time the object is loaded it appears that bounce is FALSE… If the object is refreshed it sometimes behaves like bounce is True or bounce is False… I have not divined a pattern. On other tableView objects we have, I inserted this parameter and it seems to have no effect at all.
Such as:
tableView = Widget.newTableView{
top = SCENE_TOP + FILTER_TEXTBOX_HEIGHT + TABBAR_HEIGHT,
I did some changes in the way that property gets instantiated internally, with a forced check. The modified code should be available in one of the next two daily builds. I think that will fix the issue for good.