The docs state that backgroundColor can be used for the TableViewWidget and it should be a “Table containing the RGB+A background color setting.” However, when I try to use it I always get a white background.
[lua]
local summaryTable = widget.newTableView( {
left = graph.x - graph.width * 0.50,
top = graph.y + graph.height,
width = graph.width,
height = graph.height,
backgroundColor = { 0.45, 0.45, 0.95, 1.0 },
isBounceEnabled = false,
onRowRender = onSummaryRowRender
} )
[/lua]
I was able to workaround this by specifying a row color (but over doesn’t seem to work either)… but I’m just curious if I’m missing something here. Shouldn’t backgroundColor work as I’ve shown above? For that matter, shouldn’t the over param work for insertRow as well?
I’m starting to wonder if that only comes into play with the bounce effect or the top/bottom padding maybe?
Well, I think I answered my own question, LOL. I set the background color to something really obvious (red), added a huge topPadding , and commented out isBounceEnabled , and I can see the red background behind the rows when I stretch it down. So it looks like if you don’t specify a row color, white is assumed there as well, and that obfuscates the table background color.
So backgroundColor doesn’t really do quite what I would have expected.
Well, I think I answered my own question, LOL. I set the background color to something really obvious (red), added a huge topPadding , and commented out isBounceEnabled , and I can see the red background behind the rows when I stretch it down. So it looks like if you don’t specify a row color, white is assumed there as well, and that obfuscates the table background color.
So backgroundColor doesn’t really do quite what I would have expected.