Hi,
I am creating a text object and inserting that in to a scroll view, but instead of text i could see white rectangle .
If i doesn’t insert in the scroll view the text is appearing properly.
I read in this blog ,
https://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/06/26/wednesday-faqs-display-text-objects/
its because of exceeding the texture memory limit , but i am not using many display objects. What could be the possible problem, how can i over come it.
My code ,
chatScroll = widget.newScrollView{ width = chatBg.width - 50, height = chatBg.height - 280, hideBackground = true, horizontalScrollDisabled = true, } chatScroll.x = chatBg.x chatScroll.y = chatBg.y - 20
local myText=display.newText(displayTextGroup, "yuuu", myChatRect.x - 50,textY ,self.fontNormal, 35 ) myText:setFillColor(0,0,0) myText:toFront(); chatScroll :insert(myText)
Thanks,
Kumar KS.
- I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. Let us look at it first.
If it shows up outside the scroller, then there is no reason it should not work in the scroller.
(Note: If it ends up being a texture size limit you can’t overcome that, its a hardware limit. But, since you said it is visible out of the scroller I doubt this to be the case.).
-
Please show your code or share a link to your project.
-
If you paste code, please format it.

I modified your code slightly because it wasn’t out-of-the-box runnable.
I’m not having any issues running with build 2017.3160 on the simulator (Windows 10 system).
Try this:
https://github.com/roaminggamer/RG_FreeStuff/raw/master/AskEd/2017/10/malformed.zip
If you downloaded it before seeing this post, get it again.
I made the example even more aggressive with no memory issues.
- I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. Let us look at it first.
If it shows up outside the scroller, then there is no reason it should not work in the scroller.
(Note: If it ends up being a texture size limit you can’t overcome that, its a hardware limit. But, since you said it is visible out of the scroller I doubt this to be the case.).
-
Please show your code or share a link to your project.
-
If you paste code, please format it.

I modified your code slightly because it wasn’t out-of-the-box runnable.
I’m not having any issues running with build 2017.3160 on the simulator (Windows 10 system).
Try this:
https://github.com/roaminggamer/RG_FreeStuff/raw/master/AskEd/2017/10/malformed.zip
If you downloaded it before seeing this post, get it again.
I made the example even more aggressive with no memory issues.