Text object displaying as white box.

Hi rob,

I have an issue, I am creating a display.newText and i am inserting that in to a scroll View, instead of text i am seeing a white box. 

But when i remove it from the scroll view the text looks perfect.

llocal   myText = display.newText("yuuu", tempX - 50,textY ,self.fontNormal, 35 ) innerChatScrollView1:insert(myText)

Hope i can find some solution as soon as possible.

sample project demoing issue please.  Attach as zip.

Is that the exact code?  We need to see your full-text creator and your scrollView creation and insertion code. As @roaminggammer suggested it won’t hurt to see your demo project with the problem.

Rob

@kumarks102,

I suggested that you produce a extremely small and simple  standalone demo (config.lua, main.lua, and some assets) for these reasons:

1. It allows you to verify the problem on your own in a simplified setting.  Sometimes when doing this you will find there is no problem, meaning you’ve made a mistake in your game.
  2. Seeing a small snippet is often not enough context.
  3. We don’t have your font file, so if that is part of the issue we can’t do any useful debug.

If you provide the requested  extremely small and simple  standalone demo I will take a look.  I will not attempt to reproduce this on my own, specifically because of #3 above.

To attach the zip file, click the ‘more reply options’ button below.

Hi,

This problem arises only when i insert the scroll view inside a group. When making a normal scroll view and insert text no issues.

read up on mask gotchas (clue: innerChatScrollView - is there yet another “outer” one? and of course the text. too many nested?)

There are limits to the number of masks that can be used at a time. ScrollView’s, if they are not full screen have masks applied. display.newText uses a mask to render the object.  The clue maybe a scrollView inside a scrollView.

Rob

This is how my code,

mainScrollView -> elements -> each element contains another scroll View.

All are inserted in to the same group.

The problem comes only when i insert the inner scroll view into the Group.

I will take a look if you do this.

sample project demoing issue please.  Attach as zip.

Is that the exact code?  We need to see your full-text creator and your scrollView creation and insertion code. As @roaminggammer suggested it won’t hurt to see your demo project with the problem.

Rob

@kumarks102,

I suggested that you produce a extremely small and simple  standalone demo (config.lua, main.lua, and some assets) for these reasons:

1. It allows you to verify the problem on your own in a simplified setting.  Sometimes when doing this you will find there is no problem, meaning you’ve made a mistake in your game.
  2. Seeing a small snippet is often not enough context.
  3. We don’t have your font file, so if that is part of the issue we can’t do any useful debug.

If you provide the requested  extremely small and simple  standalone demo I will take a look.  I will not attempt to reproduce this on my own, specifically because of #3 above.

To attach the zip file, click the ‘more reply options’ button below.

Hi,

This problem arises only when i insert the scroll view inside a group. When making a normal scroll view and insert text no issues.

read up on mask gotchas (clue: innerChatScrollView - is there yet another “outer” one? and of course the text. too many nested?)

There are limits to the number of masks that can be used at a time. ScrollView’s, if they are not full screen have masks applied. display.newText uses a mask to render the object.  The clue maybe a scrollView inside a scrollView.

Rob

This is how my code,

mainScrollView -> elements -> each element contains another scroll View.

All are inserted in to the same group.

The problem comes only when i insert the inner scroll view into the Group.

I will take a look if you do this.